- Events & Classes
- Contact Us
- Board of Trustees
- Community Partnerships
- Library Cable Channel
- Strategic Plan
- Requests For Proposals
- Donate to the Library
- Meeting Rooms
- Friends of The Library
- Library Foundation
- Educational Resources For Teachers & Parents
- Senior Services
- Videos For Parents
- Using the Library
Jobs at the Library
OPEN POSITIONS ARE LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
The Lexington Public Library is an exceptional organization with an exceptional staff. LPL looks for the best qualities when considering individuals to be a part of our team. We pride ourselves in creating a great atmosphere in which to work, grow and be a community partner. Lexington Public Library offers full-time and part-time opportunities with competitive benefits. Come be a part of the LPL team.Federal and State Posting Compliance
The following links will take you to the federal and state posting requirements for all applicants viewing. Please take a moment to review these posters.
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Federal Equal Employment Opportunity
- KY Child Labor Laws
- KY Wage and Hour Laws
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
If you don't have Adobe Reader, which is required to view these postings, you can download it here.Internet Access
Anyone that does not have internet access from their home can visit any Lexington Public Library location and utilize the public computers.
- Central Library, 140 East Main Street, Lexington, KY 40507, First Floor and Fourth Floor
- Beaumont Branch, 3080 Fieldstone Way, Lexington, KY 40513
- Eagle Creek Branch, 101 N. Eagle Creek Drive, Lexington, KY 40509
- Northside Branch, 1733 Russell Cave Road, Lexington, KY 40505
- Tates Creek Branch, 3628 Walden Drive, Lexington, KY 40517
- Village Branch, 2185 Versailles Road, Lexington, KY 40504
Current open positions are listed below. Please click on the job title for more information and to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: The LPL application process is powered by Newton.
After submitting your application (and resume/cover letter as applicable) the system immediately replies with a notice acknowledging receipt of your application. Please verify receipt on this page.
To auto-populate your information on subsequent applications enter your "Newton Code." To initially request your code, you must enter your email address on page 2 of the application.
Should you require further assistance, please call 859.231.5550