Welcome! We invite you to explore the exciting and rewarding careers available with Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo, operated by the Lowry Park Zoological Society, an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The Zoo is a terrific economic engine for our community, supporting more than 300 jobs and providing a top-quality experience to visitors. As a cultural facility and major tourist attraction, the Zoo offers outstanding opportunities for applicants seeking careers in park operations, animal care, trades, guest service, food and beverage, retail, horticulture, administration and education. It takes a team of talented, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to operate our award-winning facility, and we’re always looking for more!
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of choice within the Tampa Bay community. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
How to apply: Select a position from the list of open positions below. Prompts will lead you through the process.
- An email address is required to submit your information through our online system.
- Applications for employment are only accepted for currently advertised open positions.
- A separate online application is required for each position.
- Employment applications and resumes are also accepted at the Zoo’s front gate, but are no longer accepted by email or fax submission.
What should I include? Your application must provide a complete and detailed description of your work experience to help hiring managers understand your unique background and experience. Incomplete or “see resume” responses will not be considered.
What happens next?
- Once an application has been verified for completeness and is processed, it is forwarded directly to the hiring manager for consideration. This process can take up to two weeks.
- Hiring managers will contact applicants directly who are selected for the interview process.
- Applications and resumes remain active for consideration for 30 days.
- Please note that due to the tremendous volume of inquiries received, we are unable to provide a reply to every individual inquiry received regarding receipt of applications and position status.
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law.
If you require an accommodation, please contact a human resources representative.
Interested in working for the Zoo? See below for our latest employment and internship opportunities.