Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, OPTICS 1, Inc is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems
The Electrical Engineer will be located in our Bedford NH, location and is responsible for the electrical design, layout, documentation and test of electro-optical hardware for U.S. Military products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Including, but not limited to:
- Design responsibility from product concept to high quantity production support
- Detail Schematic design including power conditioning and signal integrity analysis
- Component placement and electrical layout for size/space claims of high density PCBs
- Generation of engineering documentation including schematic drawings, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and BOMS
- Assembly and test of prototype hardware
- Interdisciplinary design studies for total system optimization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE/MSEE or equivalent with 2 to 5 years of electronic HW development experience
- Exposure to analog and digital design with mixed signal interface and conversion circuit knowledge and the ability to specify components and/or sub-assemblies
- Experience with power conversion for high efficiency, high reliability, battery powered systems.
- Experience with PWB layout, packaging, and test of low-noise, mixed-mode circuitry.
- Strong design debug and troubleshooting skills with solid hands-on lab experience using oscilloscopes, logic/spectrum analyzers and other test equipment
- Previous experience with Electro-Optics, Digital Video Processing, High Speed Communication Systems, and/or high efficiency laser driver topologies a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain security clearance is required
- Strong organization, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Familiarity with Altium PCB design software
- Familiarity with Mil STD testing
- Experience designing battery powered systems
- LabVIEW design experience
- Experience in designing products for harsh military and commercial environments preferred but not required
- Familiarity with working in an ITAR environment
- Proficient at soldering common surface mount components
- Comfortable working on interdisciplinary teams
- EMI/EMC testing experience
- BSEE or equivalent MSEE Preferred
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Proficiency with Altium, Pspice, PADS, or equivalent CAD/CAE tools required
- Programming languages (Windows Platforms): LabVIEW, Visual Basic desired
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of programs, including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel required
- Travel outside the local area and overnight may be required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. Citizenship status