Optics 1, Inc. is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, OPTICS 1, Inc is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems. Our company is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, fast paced organization located in Bedford, NH.
General Job Description:
The Senior Electro Optical Systems Engineer will be responsible for the overall reliability and performance of US Government programs containing optical, thermal and digital observation and targeting system as well as weapon mounted laser systems. This person will support new and existing product designs and play a critical part in implementing tests to ensure reliability and performance requirements are met throughout the design, manufacturing process and product life cycle. The role requires interpreting the results correctly and providing feedback effectively for design improvement. As an engineer in the systems engineering group, you must demonstrate ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
The Electro Optical Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
Apply technical expertise to contribute to test method development, implementation and validation for military devices/systems
Assess design feasibility and test product functionality and/or confirm product capabilities
Participate in new product design and design improvements to existing products
Conduct hands-on tests and experiments - draw sound conclusions from properly collected data. Demonstrate good understanding of required lab equipment, practices and test methodologies.
Effectively communicate / work with peers. Must be comfortable presenting to and constructively interacting with customers.
Assist in failure analysis and troubleshooting across of a variety of product platforms.
Routinely interact with vendors / suppliers and demonstrate awareness of industry resources/ standards
Possess a willingness to learn and apply good engineering practices to a wide variety of tasks
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years System Engineering experience in the DoD industry or related field
- Experience generating test plans and conducting reliability test
- Prior experience working with Optical, IR imaging, and precision targeting systems
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualification testing per Mil Std 810G
- Expert level experience generating system engineering documents such as
- System Engineering Master Plan (SEMP),
- System Engineering Test plan (SETP)
- Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP)
- Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
- Strong organizational, presentation and customer relationship skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well and thrive in a deadline driven, fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow-up and anticipate in advance of requests in dealing with a diverse group.
- Must be proactive and be creative in supporting daily challenges with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated leadership skills while having the ability to be a team player.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain secret level security clearance is required.
- The ability to travel and interact with key users in the field and at Military Bases throughout the country is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of programs, including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Experience working in a diverse multinational engineering organization a plus.
- Candidate must be willing to travel US and abroad approximately 10% of the time.
No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. citizenship is required.
Keywords: Systems Engineer, ITAR,Optical, IR Imaging, precision targeting,