Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
This is a second shift position, with core hours of 3:30pm to 1:00am
The Optical Electronic Assembler is responsible for assembling, aligning, testing and configuring optical, electronic, mechanical components. Work is performed in accordance with released procedures, drawings, schematics and wiring tables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
- Perform a wide variety of electro-mechanical assembly operations
- Clean and assemble optical assemblies
- Assemble cables, plugs and wire harnesses
- Proficiency working with hand tools and using adhesives
- Ability to read and follow work instructions
- Record test and build data into databases as assemblies are tested
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly and organized work area
- Responsible for safe handling of all solvents and epoxies
- Performs in process and final inspections of assemblies to assure conformance to quality standards, including serialization and packaging prior to shipment
- Maintains excellent attendance record, works independently and is reliable.
- Ability to effectively train co-workers at various work stations
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance on production equipment
- Proficient at all levels of production (assemble, align and test) across multiple product lines
- Overall knowledge of inventory control.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to the component level.
- Effectively assist Engineering on special projects.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Eight years of assembly experience
- Ability to perform well and maintain production flow under noisy and disruptive situations
- Excellent dexterity and good eyesight. Requires assembly of small components and fine adjustments to close tolerances
- Experience with ESD safety requirements
- Experience with optics handling and cleaning
- Work independently
- Use of measuring tools and hand tools
- Able to fit and bond parts and mechanical parts using adhesives to meet specifications and requirements
- Experience with optics handling, bonding and cleaning
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Experience with soldering certification
- Able to self-check and inspect work in process.
- Excellent listening, presentation, interpersonal, written an oral communication skills
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- U.S. Protected Individual status required (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience with 5S housekeeping practices
- Experience with soldering certification, meeting IPC610 standards
- Familiar with standard shop practices used in defense-related industries
- Experience with ISO-9000 series of standards or other similar standards
- Experience working in an ITAR environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Basic skills in MS Office Suite of programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoin
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. Protected Individual status required (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).