Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electronic layout, design, documentation, assembly and test of hardware reliability and performance for U.S. Military products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including, but not limited to:
- Design responsibility from product concept to high quantity production support
- Detailed schematic design including power conditioning and signal integrity analysis
- Component placement and electrical layout for size/space claims of high density PCBs
- Generation of engineering documentation including schematic drawings, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and BOMS
- Assembly and test of prototype hardware
- Interdisciplinary design studies for total system optimization
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE/MSEE or equivalent with 8+ years of electronic HW development experience in an avionics/aerospace, defense or medical product environment.
- A well rounded background in analog and digital design with mixed signal interface and conversion circuit knowledge and the ability to specify components and/or sub-assemblies.
- Previous experience with Electro-Optics, Digital Video Processing, High Speed Communication Systems, Inertial Navigation and Position Sensing Systems, and/or EMI/EMC testing a significant plus.
- Experience with power conversion for high efficiency, high reliability, battery-powered systems.
- Experience with high efficiency laser driver topologies covering CW and pulsed lasers.
- Experience with PWB layout, packaging, and test of low-noise, mixed-mode circuitry, preferably for EO.
- Strong design debug and troubleshooting skills with solid hands-on lab experience using oscilloscopes, logic/spectrum analyzers and other test equipment required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, presentation and customer relationship skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills while having the ability to be a team player
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- Familiarity with Mil STD testing
- Experience designing battery powered systems
- EMI experience
- FPGA knowledge
- Experience in designing products for harsh military and commercial environments preferred but not required
- Familiarity with working in an ITAR environment
- BSEE or Equivalent MSEE Preferred
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Proficiency with Altium, OrCad, Pspice, PADS, Cadence Allegro or equivalent CAD/CAE tools required.
- Programming languages (Windows Platforms): LabVIEW, Visual Basic desired
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of programs, including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel required
- Travel outside the local area and overnight may be required. Some of the travel is international.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. Protected Individual status