Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
The Senior Financial Planning and Control Analyst is responsible for forecasting the financial activity of the Company and ensuring that departments/programs comply with approved budgets.
The role will provide financial consulting and strategic support to the company leadership. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will have opportunities for growth at Optics1 and/or within Safran Group both nationally and internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
- Prepare Medium Term Plan (4 years)
- Prepare the Annual Budget in accordance with Safran Group guidelines and schedule
- Manage budget execution including notifications for departments/programs, monthly dashboard, variance analysis and rolling forecasts
- Prepare multi-year business plans for major programs and monitor execution
- Support the Programs function in all financial aspects of bids and proposals and meeting program financial targets
- Support company wide lean-sigma and cost reduction initiatives
- Support company compliance with government accounting requirements and DCAA audits
- Support other Safran affiliates in the United States with shared financial services in areas of expertise
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar field
- Requisite knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong accounting background acquired in an industry or in a consulting/audit environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, organizational, oral and written skills
- US Protected Individual Status
- Experience working for a DoD federal contractor
- Work in an ITAR compliant environment
- Knowledge of FAR /DFAR and cost accounting requirements for government contracts
- Worked for a company reporting under IAS/IFRS
- SAP experience using Finance and controlling modules
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting and/or Finance with a strong accounting background.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Fluency in the English Language is required.
- Knowledge of French Language a “plus”.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel
- Some travel may be required, including outside the local area and overnight
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.