Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
The Program Manager is responsible to manage multiple programs associated with the manufacture and delivery of electro-optical systems and subsystems. (i.e. Visual Augmentation Systems, Advanced Systems, Laser Systems etc.) in order to ensure that Optics 1’s products develop and maintain competitive advantage over those of our peers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for the product line, ensuring that Optics 1’s roadmap is coherent, aligned with our strengths, and positioned to be successful.
- Management of multiple programs associated with the technical design, manufacture and delivery of Targeting Systems and/or electro-optical systems and subsystems.
- Plan and oversee the detailed implementation of programs, making sure that they stay within the stipulated budget and are delivered per contract.
- Plan and implement necessary import and export controls, documentation and licensing activity.
- Act as a leader among the program team making sure that time, risks, costs, quality and program resources are managed effectively.
- Provide leadership in internal and external customer meetings while ensuring the execution of contracts is geared towards customer satisfaction.
- Serve as lead interface between external customers and the Company.
- Coordinate with international partners and affiliates while ensuring compliance with all applicable export compliance regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with the management of development and/or production programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplined integrated program team associated with the continued on-time delivery of programs and products.
- Demonstrated understanding of program management processes and best practices.
- Complete understanding of ITAR regulations and import/export regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and create multinational proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead product failure recovery efforts.
- Experience with USG or DoD customer base; US Army or US Navy experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex multiple independent and technical tasks.
- US Citizenship or US Protected Individual Status Required
- Experience working in a multi-national, multi customer environment
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of inertial navigation and/or electro-optical system design and production.
- Experience in DoD acquisition and contracting; US Army a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related scientific field
- Master’s Degree desired
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of programs including MS Word, MS Project ,MS Outlook, MS Excel PowerPoint and MS Access at a minimum.
- Up to 30% - Frequent travel between facilities and customers in the United States, along with some international travel.
No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Protected Individual Status( U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a))