Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
The Program Manager is responsible to sustain the technical development and growth of multiple programs associated with the technical design, manufacture and delivery of Targeting Systems and/or electro-optical systems and subsystems business area. Including but not limited to providing technical and programmatic leadership, as well as providing strong subject matter expertise and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for the product line, ensuring that Optics 1’s roadmap is coherent, aligned with our strengths, and positioned to be successful.
- Management of multiple programs associated with the technical design, manufacture and delivery of Targeting Systems and/or electro-optical systems and subsystems.
- Plan and oversee the detailed implementation of programs, making sure that they stay within the stipulated budget and are delivered per contract.
- Plan and implement necessary import and export controls, documentation and licensing activity.
- Act as a leader among the program team making sure that time, risks, costs, quality and program resources are managed effectively.
- Provide leadership in internal and external customer meetings while ensuring the execution of contracts is geared towards customer satisfaction.
- Serve as lead interface between external customers and the Company.
- Coordinate with international partners and affiliates while ensuring compliance with all applicable export compliance regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with the management of development and/or production programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplined integrated program team associated with the continued on-time delivery of programs and products.
- Demonstrated understanding of program management processes and best practices.
- Complete understanding of ITAR regulations and import/export regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and create multinational proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead product failure recovery efforts.
- Experience with USG or DoD customer base; US Army or US Navy experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex multiple independent and technical tasks.
- US Citizenship or US Protected Individual Status Required
- Experience working in a multi-national, multi customer environment
- Experience with and demonstrated understanding of inertial navigation and/or electro-optical system design and production.
- Experience in DoD acquisition and contracting; US Army a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or a related scientific field
- Master’s Degree desired
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of programs including MS Word, MS Project ,MS Outlook, MS Excel PowerPoint and MS Access at a minimum.
- Up to 30% - Frequent travel between facilities and customers in the United States, along with some international travel.
No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Protected Individual Status( U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a))