Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
Document Control Specialist will work to ensure the successful adoption and maintenance of the product lifecycle management system. The Document Control Specialist assists with the engineering, operations, development, quality assurance, and customer service teams. The Document Control Specialist will work under the direction of the Director of ERP Systems to determine the best business solutions for company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
- Assist engineering, quality, purchasing and manufacturing personnel in creating and processing documents necessary to define product configuration, control manufacturing processes, and engineering changes. This may involve reviewing specifications, reviewing CAD and associated engineering drawings, redlining engineering drawings, and working with engineers and/or vendors to obtain needed documents to prepare a clear and effective documentation package.
- Reviews engineering change orders for compliance with organizational procedures and documentation standards
- Processes Document Change Requests. ECO's, ECN's, and DCO's
- Releases new and revised document records into PLM system and carries changes over to ERP ensuring accuracy and agreement between the two systems
- Maintaining PLM System for the revision of controlled documents.
- Collect and maintain files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and control manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret complex BOM's
- Analyze, define, and develop documentation control methodologies to support company needs (i.e., changes to configurator logic and structure).
- Ability to learn and operate Enterprise Resource Planning system (SAP) and Product Life Management system
- Analyze and document Business and System process flow diagrams
- Recommend alternative solutions and courses of action to best address the organization’s objectives
- Assist in the development and delivery of end user training
- Support release of business applications and triage/resolve user issues
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years of experience as a Document Control Specialist or related position
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, organize, take initiative, follow up independently and as a team with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills with supervision
- Demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional typing and computer skills, as well as technical knowledge of MS Office products and Windows
- Familiar with ERP (SAP) and PLM systems
- Uses knowledge and resources to make informed decisions
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Listens and communicates effectively
- Present a professional and helpful appearance
- Must have U.S. Protected Individual status
- Experience working in an ITAR environment
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree.
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Knowledge of Solidworks required
- Knowledge of a PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.