Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems. Our Commercial Systems Group, located in Simi Valley California, is looking for a senior level technician to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembly, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products
- Travel to customer sites to perform service and maintenance on metrology products.
- Document control of fabrication drawings and assembly drawings.
- Supplier liaison, coordinating timely pick-up and delivery of fabricated parts. Committed to the timely deliveries as defined by the program goals.
- Familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficient in the use of multiple software packages including CAD software such as SolidWorks and Microsoft Office.
- Performs a variety of tasks either mechanical or electrical. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· No direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ Years related experience as an Engineering Technician or similar
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks including basic proficiency with SolidWorks, detail drawings, and document control.
- Demonstrated a large degree of creativity and latitude to accept responsibility for the timely delivery of high quality products.
- Demonstrated a successful track record of project involvement.
- Proactively addressing problems before they negatively impact time critical deliverables.
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player
- Strong organizational and customer relationship skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. Protected Individual status required (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).
- Knowledge and experience working with precision optical assemblies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or technical school a plus
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- Experience with SolidWorks, and with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Up to 25% travel out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light to medium physical effort in a range of sedentary to medium work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light to medium weight (5-30 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
- No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. Protected Individual status required (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).