Optics 1 is a provider of electro-optical and geo-positioning systems, specializing in hand-held and vehicle mounted systems as well as an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) product provider. Optics 1 has a world-class line of products with expanding research, development, manufacturing and service capabilities in the United States.
The OEM Business Development Manager based in our Bedford NH location, is responsible for maintaining and growing business to business sales of fire control and multi spectral electro optics for platform mounted applications in the United States. The individual in this role will increase sales by utilizing their experience in the U.S. defense industry and knowledge of U.S. military land, sea, and/or air-platform programs and advanced electro optics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Overall accountability and ownership for generating new business opportunities and managing accounts in support of Optics 1’s multi spectral sighting systems for ground, air and naval U.S. military platforms
- Development of sales forecasts, competitive analysis, and market intelligence.
- Prepare and manage quotations and work with contracts staff to ensure terms and conditions are acceptable to Optics 1.
- Create and communicate business cases to management.
- Provide input on advertising, literature and promotion materials.
- Understand and clearly articulate Optics 1 value proposition.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the electro-optics business area with a background in marketing and selling business to business in the U.S. DoD industry.
- Results-orientated with a proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present and sell to all levels of an organization including the executive level.
- Ability to manage multiple deadline driven projects involving a variety of different resources.
- Experience adapting strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze market trends to identify external threats and opportunities.
- A team player with the ability to self-manage and take initiative.
- Demonstrated comfort level in a customer-facing role developing OEM accounts both technically & non-technically with emphasis on customer specific requirements.
- Requires U.S. Citizenship and Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Familiarity with U.S. ground, aviation and naval vehicle programs.
- Familiarity with laser range finder, inertial navigation, and IR camera technology.
- Experience and familiarity with US export control (i.e. ITAR/EAR) regulations
- Technical or business Bachelor’s degree is desired but can be substituted with proven skills in marketing and selling technical products in the past.
- Strong computer skills including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Up to 50% travel required, some international.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
- Some work will require demonstrating products in an outdoor environment