Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems. Our Defense Systems Group, located in Bedford NH, is looking for a Help desk Support Specialist to join our team.
The Help desk Support Specialist will have primary responsibilities for assisting with end-user support requests, participation in the installation of new software/hardware, and ensuring compatibility of installed software/hardware. You will also be responsible for computer imaging, troubleshooting server/desktop software/hardware problems, and identify, implement and document system fixes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Help desk Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all IT and client systems, providing technical and end-user support, and monitoring system performance. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Primary provider of end-user technical support in a Windows 7 / 10 environment for all line-of-business applications.
- Assisting with on\off-boarding of new employees (laptop, phone, desk, badging, etc.)
- Supporting network infrastructure hardware i.e. switches, routers, wireless access points, printers, etc.
- Identify, research and resolve end-users issues of moderate complexity
- Respond to telephone, email and ticketing requests for technical support.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of experience as a Help Desk Technician or Systems\Network Administrator with hands on experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016, Exchange 2010 and Windows 7/10
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory fundamentals.
- Experience working with and configuring the following:
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Switches, routers, access points
- Prior experience with server, desktop, and printer hardware to include but not limited to:
- Lenovo\HP Servers, Lenovo\HP Laptops and Desktops, Printers
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Visio and Project.
- Help Desk management \ ticketing systems
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- This position may have requirements for occasional after-hours and weekend support
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Experience configuring digital phones systems, security access controls, badging
- Experience with Android and Apple devices
- Experience with desktop imaging software
- Experience running and terminating network cable
- Experience troubleshooting conference room AV equipment
- Experience working in an ITAR environment and a DoD cleared facility a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, or technical diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Database Analyst or related field, and\or equivalent work experience
- Relevant and current certifications desired (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, etc.)
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.