Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems. Our Defense Systems Group, located in Bedford NH, is looking for a Systems Administrator I to join our team.
The Systems Administrator I will have primary responsibilities for addressing the day-to-day maintenance of the network equipment located at our corporate office and satellite facilities, assisting with end-user support requests, participation in the installation of new software/hardware, and ensuring compatibility of installed software/hardware. You will also be responsible for computer imaging, troubleshooting server/desktop software/hardware problems, and identify, implement and document system fixes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Systems Administrator I is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all IT and client systems, providing technical and end-user support, managing projects, and monitoring system performance. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Primary provider of end-user technical support in a Windows 7 / 10 environment for all line-of-business applications.
- Assisting with on\off-boarding of new employees (laptop, phone, desk, badging, etc.)
- Providing server hardware and software support.
- Supporting network infrastructure hardware i.e. switches, routers, wireless access points, printers, etc.
- Assist with creating standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document results.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of experience as a Help Desk Technician or Systems\Network Administrator with hands on experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016, Exchange 2010 and Windows 7/10
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory fundamentals.
- Experience working with and configuring the following:
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Switches, routers, access points
- Prior experience with server, desktop, and printer hardware to include but not limited to:
- Lenovo\HP Servers, Lenovo\HP Laptops and Desktops, Printers
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Visio and Project.
- Help Desk management \ ticketing systems
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- This position may have requirements for occasional after-hours and weekend support
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Experience configuring digital phones systems, security access controls, badging
- Experience with Android and Apple devices
- Experience with desktop imaging software
- Experience running and terminating network cable
- Experience troubleshooting conference room AV equipment
- Experience working in an ITAR environment and a DoD cleared facility a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, or technical dipolma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Database Analyst or related field, and\or equivilent work experience
- Relevant and current certifications desired (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, etc.)
- Fluency in the English Language is required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
- While performing the aforementioned job duties, the employee mainly works in a professional office setting that is relatively quiet and has temperature control systems.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.