|Position: Senior Optical Mechanical Engineer|
|Job Id: 233|
|# of Openings: 1|
Optics 1, Inc., a Safran Group Company, is a technology leader in the design, development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics, electronics, software and mechanics, Optics 1 is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems.
The Sr. Optical Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical layout, design, documentation, assembly and test of hardware reliability and performance for U.S. Military products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· MS in Mechanical Engineering
· Finite Element Analysis experience
· Familiarity with Mil STD testing
· Solid understanding of machining practices
· Experience in designing products for harsh military and commercial environments preferred
· Familiarity with working in an ITAR environment
· BSME or Equivalent
· Mechanical CAD required – SolidWorks Preferred
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite of programs, including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel required
· Travel outside the local area and overnight may be required. Some of the travel is international.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers
No phone calls please.
Optics 1, Inc. offers a full benefit package, plus a very competitive salary.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vets – U.S. Protected Individual status required (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee or temporary resident (as defined at 8 USC 1160(a).
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|