|Position: Senior Designer|
|Location: Ottawa, Canada|
|Job Id: 7436|
|# of Openings: 1|
NOC Code 2173
GENBAND is a global leader of Next Generation Network (NGN) solutions, helping fixed, mobile and cable service providers around the world evolve communications networks through IP innovation. The company offers the industry’s most comprehensive, standards-based switching portfolio, with products deployed in over two-thirds of the world’s 100 largest service provider networks. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, GENBAND operates Centers of Excellence globally and serves customers and partners in more than 80 countries.
GENBAND Canada seeks a Senior Designer to work as a Senior Network Integration Engineer to integrate GENBAND’s Multi-Media portfolio with other GENBAND and 3rd party products to ensure conformance with customer solutions.
Key job functions include:
· Multi-product network analysis translating customer/business requirements into interoperability test coverage.
· Produce test plans, call flow documents and reference architectures for test activities.
· Execute test activities using local and remote labs.
· Extensive troubleshooting across multiple / complex network environment
· Ability to build and maintain Solution Integration lab, including upgrading software and identifying future needs.
· Capture and document results and configuration details so they can be utilized by the Trials team and customers who are deploying the solution.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in a senior/lead systems integration, design and validation engineering role.
This experience must include:
· Telephony and Communications, including SIP, IMS, VoIP, VoLTE and UC (Unified Communications) solutions.
· In-depth technical knowledge of the Multi-Media products, in particular the GENBAND Application Server (AS) and Session Border Control (SBC) products, as related to detailed call processing feature set understanding (specification + product capability).
· Five years’ experience in lab environment installing software, executing test plans, and independently troubleshooting and isolating software issues with at least 2 externally visible interoperability test activities.
· Ability to troubleshoot SIP/Diameter/HTTP messaging for call processing is a must. Knowledge of SIPp and Wireshark / network tracing tools is required.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (English), the ability to work across a multi-site organization, and to work independently driving projects/tasks to conclusion with minimal guidance.
This is permanent, regular full-time position and will be located in GENBAND’s Ottawa office at 500 Palladium Drive.
The successful candidate will be eligible for:
-comprehensive Benefits package including medical, dental, vision and hearing coverage, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, DCPP and retirement savings programs.
If you meet the above criteria and wish to apply for this position, please send your detailed resume to:
500 Palladium Drive, Suite 2100
Nepean, ntario K2V 1C2
|Back To Jobs|