Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates (CNSA) is seeking a PRN CRNA for our surgery center, Carolina Center for Specialty Surgery (CCSS).
Under the supervision of a licensed anesthesiologist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs preoperative assessment/planning and works in collaboration with anesthesiologist and carries out planned anesthetic for each patient while keeping anesthesiologist updated of changes in status and periodically during anesthetic.
- Improves patient care by respecting each patient’s rights and conducting business relationships with patients and the public in an ethical manner.
- Determines immediate needs of patients and makes appropriate decisions in the treatment of changes during the anesthetic.
- Assess the patient's medical history and how it might affect the patient's response to anesthesia.
- Assess the patient's pain management needs prior to surgery.
- Decide which drugs and techniques best fit the patient's needs.
- Educate the patient about the process to be used.
- Give local or general anesthesia as appropriate for the procedure.
- Monitor the patient's response during and after anesthesia.
- Initiate emergency measures as needed if the patient reacts badly to anesthesia.
- Assist in the resuscitation of critically ill or severely traumatized patients.
- A Master's degree from an accredited Nurse Anesthetist Program
- Maintains licences- BLS, ACLS, PALS, RN/CRNA
Providing compassionate, quality care - together.