Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Home Meridian International, a division of Hooker Furniture Corporation (NASDAQ:HOFT), is a global design and marketing company that ranks among the leading suppliers to US retailers, partnering with 98% of the top 100 non-specialty retailers. Named consecutively to the Triad Business Journal's Fast 50 list, Home Meridian is a leader in the Home Furnishings industry. We are actively recruiting candidates for a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator.
The position is located at either our Madison or Mayodan, NC distribution center. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a dynamic working environment. At HMI we support an open door policy and a casual dress code. We actively seek out ways to improve our business and our employees’ jobs with emerging technologies and support programs. We encourage forward thinking, team building and creative problem solving. HMI thrives on positive work ethics and attitudes, and a passion for providing quality home furnishings at an exceptional value. The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator will be a key member of the warehouse team.
As HMI continues to grow and evolve as a leading home furnishings provider, we continue to grow and evolve our workforce as well. The skills you acquire and connections you make in this role as a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator will result in opportunities for advancement throughout the company. At HMI, you will be valued and viewed as a key contributor to the overall success of our organization.
Broad Function and Objective:
Process all aspects of shipment scheduling, receiving and shipping documentation for assigned warehouse.
- Process inbound container documentation.
- Print documents a day in advance to allow warehouse staff to prepare space for incoming product.
- Process container receipt as well as bin assignments after unloading is completed.
- Print all pick lists and labels for daily shipments including FedEx, UPS and customer specific requirements.
- Schedule pick-up appointments to maximize shipping capacity and ensure on time shipment.
- Create schedule in Outlook, including prepaid orders.
- Build loads, contact customers/carriers for pickup, and manage daily processing of all shipments.
- Check in drivers upon arrival and notify loaders.
- Create shipping paperwork upon completion of loading.
- Complete any required post-shipment processes prior to invoicing including all tracking information.
- Elevate any discrepancies to Traffic Supervisor
- All other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED-equivalent, 2 year degree or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
This is a full time, 90 day temp-to-hire position. Upon completion of the 90 days, the company will assess performance and make a full-time hiring decision.