Home Meridian International, a division of Hooker Furniture Corporation (NASDAQ:HOFT), is a global design and marketing company that ranks among the leading suppliers to US retailers, partnering with 98% of the top 100 non-specialty retailers. Named consecutively to the Triad Business Journal's Fast 50 list, Home Meridian is a leader in the Home Furnishings industry. We are actively recruiting candidates for a Material Handler.
The position is located in our Mayodan, NC distribution center. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a modern and dynamic working environment. At HMI we support an open door policy and a casual dress code. We actively seek out ways to improve our business and our employees’ jobs with emerging technologies and support programs. We encourage forward thinking, team building and creative problem solving. HMI thrives on positive work ethics and attitudes, and a passion for providing quality home furnishings at an exceptional value. The Material Handler will be a key member of the warehouse team.
As HMI continues to grow and evolve as a leading home furnishings provider, we continue to grow and evolve our workforce as well. The skills you acquire and connections you make in this role as a Material Handler will result in opportunities for advancement throughout the company. At HMI, you will be valued and viewed as a key contributor to the overall success of our organization.
Broad Function and Objective:
Receive and ship furniture in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Unload containers of furniture onto pallets using hand trucks.
- Shrink-wrap cartons and move product to designated inventory bin locations.
- Perform bin location movements using RF scanners.
- Pick orders by SKU and bin location.
- Stage orders for tagging and loading.
- Operate various material handling equipment (hand trucks, fork lifts, riders) in a safe, effective manner.
- Ability to achieve forklift certification within 60 days of hire.
- Consolidate bins to improve warehouse efficiency.
- Identify improvements within the warehouse operation.
- Assist with inventory cycle counting.
- All other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Prior experience using material handling equipment.
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs in a safe manner.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and work in a variety of weather conditions.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED-equivalent.
- 2+ Years of prior experience in furniture manufacturing or high-volume distribution setting preferred.
- Knowledge of RF Scanning equipment a plus.
- Subject to drug screen and criminal background check.
- Full Time Temp-to-Hire 90 day process
Keywords: Forklift Operator, Laborer, Stoneville, Eden, Reidsville, Stokesdale, Ridgeway, Martinsville, Bassett, Collinsville, Walnut Cove