Project Manager- Furniture Hospitality Division
Home Meridian International, a division of Hooker Furniture Corporation (NASDAQ:HOFT), is a global design and marketing company that ranks among the leading suppliers to US retailers, partnering with 98% of the top 100 non-specialty retailers. Named consecutively to the Triad Business Journal's Fast 50 list, Home Meridian is a leader in the Home Furnishings industry. We are actively recruiting candidates for a Project Manager-Furniture Hospitality.
Our office is located in High Point, NC; the heart of the furniture industry. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a modern and dynamic working environment. At HMI we support an open door policy and a casual dress code. We actively seek out ways to improve our business and our employees’ jobs with emerging technologies and support programs. We encourage forward thinking, team building and creative problem solving. HMI thrives on positive work ethics and attitudes, and a passion for providing quality home furnishings at an exceptional value. A requirement of this position will be to work in the High Point, NC office. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Operations.
As HMI continues to grow and evolve as a leading home furnishings provider, we continue to grow and evolve our workforce as well. The skills you acquire and connections you make in this role as a Project Manager will result in opportunities for advancement throughout the company. At HMI, you will be valued and viewed as a key contributor to the overall success of our organization.
Manage the scope of custom case goods and upholstery from the concept to finished product being delivered and installed for the Samuel Lawrence Hospitality (SLH) division of Home Meridian International.
- Own projects 100% from inception to installation working with the appropriate parties and tracking progress accordingly.
- Maintain a daily “Hot List” of priorities to be accomplished and shared with management.
- Reviews all of phases of projects inclusive of PPS pictures and distribute accordingly, discuss with management concerns and resolutions.
- Provide creative options and resolutions to the clients, designers, and customers.
- Expedite approvals by setting up conference calls for clarity and alignment.
- Distribute weekly container shipping schedule to the customer(s).
- Work with Logistics and the customer to minimize and avoid drayage charges.
- Produce status reports for Hospitality projects and facilitate approvals, changes, and revisions with product development managers.
- Work with the PDM’s to aid in modifying CAD drawings and suggest solutions to help keep projects within budget.
- Facilitate the approval process with customers, designers, and suppliers in order to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Review assembly instructions to ensure accuracy of the documents compared to what was specified.
- Assist in the coordination of the design and selection of sourced materials with the PDM’s.
- Develop business relationships with new customers while fostering and expanding existing customer accounts.
- 3+ years of project management experience with hospitality furniture construction, designs, and finishes preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a project management/account management role in a fast paced environment.
- Must have 3+ years of customer relations experience with proven positive impact.
- Strong proficiency in excel and with experience in a business setting, ability to work with others to develop best practices.
- Product knowledge and management experience with hospitality furniture case goods and/or upholstery preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, sales reps, designers, suppliers, US, and Asian staff.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and complete within the required deadlines.