Ecommerce and Marketing Student Internship Opportunity
Home Meridian International, a division of Hooker Furniture Corporation (NASDAQ:HOFT), is a global furniture design and marketing company that ranks among the leading suppliers to US retailers, partnering with 98% of the top 100 non-specialty retailers. Named consecutively to the Triad Business Journal's Fast 50 list, Home Meridian is a leader in the Home Furnishings industry.
Our office is located in High Point, NC; the heart of the furniture industry. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a modern and dynamic working environment. At HMI we support an open door policy and a casual dress code. We actively seek out ways to improve our business and our employees’ jobs with emerging technologies and support programs. We encourage forward thinking, team building and creative problem solving. HMI thrives on positive work ethics and attitudes, and a passion for providing quality home furnishings at an exceptional value.
As HMI continues to grow and evolve as a leading home furnishings provider, we continue to grow and evolve our workforce as well. The skills you acquire and connections you make in this role will result in opportunities for advancement throughout the company. At HMI, you will be valued and viewed as a key contributor to the overall success of our organization. Ideally, after a successful internship experience, the Operations Intern would be strongly considered for a full time position within the organization after graduation.
This role will play an integral part in the business operations at HMI and will provide tremendous learning opportunities in a broad range of functions. You will work on projects with leaders from various departments such as Account Management, E-commerce, Supply Chain, Master Data, Logistics, Accounting, Human Resources, and Hospitality Project Management. Specifically, this internship opportunity will focus initially on Ecommerce product and content management. Project size and scope will vary depending on business need but will provide great exposure to a variety of functions within a global organization. Projects will require problem solving, interaction with current HMI staff, creative thinking, and the ability to be organized and work independently once given direction on a project.
- All majors considered however, Business Administration, Marketing, Ecommerce or related fields preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, most importantly Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects in different functional areas of the business.
- Ability to work independently and creatively analyze problems.
- Enthusiasm, high self motivation, strong technical and organizational skills, and the willingness to jump in and learn.
- A competitive hourly rate commensurate on degree coursework and experience.
- Flexible work schedule (between 10-20 hours a week based on student class schedule).
- Submit resume directly at www.homemeridian.com (Careers tab).