Ecommerce Account Coordinator
Home Meridian International, a division of Hooker Furniture Corporation (NASDAQ: HOFT), is a global furniture design and marketing company that ranks among the leading suppliers to US retailers, partnering with 98% of the top 100 non-specialty retailers. Named consecutively to the Triad Business Journal's Fast 50 list, Home Meridian is a leader in the Home Furnishings industry.
Our office is located in High Point, NC; the heart of the furniture industry. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a modern and dynamic working environment. At HMI we support an open door policy and a casual dress code. We actively seek out ways to improve our business and our employees’ jobs with emerging technologies and support programs. We encourage forward thinking, team building and creative problem solving. HMI thrives on positive work ethics and attitudes, and a passion for providing quality home furnishings at an exceptional value.
As HMI continues to grow and evolve as a leading home furnishings provider, we continue to grow and evolve our workforce as well. The skills you acquire and connections you make in this role can result in opportunities for advancement throughout the company. At HMI, you will be valued and viewed as a key contributor to the overall success of our organization. In this position, you will have the opportunity to build relationships with your accounts both over the phone and via email interaction, but also with occasional travel to their corporate locations. In addition, you will be involved in meeting customers twice a year at the High Point Furniture Market.
Manage assigned e-commerce account(s) to ensure sales growth, on time shipments and superior quality of service.
- Develop relationships with key customer contacts to ensure they look to you as the primary source for any accurate HMI communications.
- Gain an intimate knowledge of assigned customer(s) requirements including new product set up, testing, labeling, shipment, paperwork, etc. to ensure compliance and highest level of customer satisfaction with the focus on improving processes and growing the business.
- Resolve proactively any customer related issues by working with cross-functional departments, such as IT, Master Data, Quality, and Supply Chain.
- Understand key performance indicators and adhere to the division objectives, set goals, expectations and prioritize activities to ensure timely execution and implementation.
- Monitor customer websites for product information accuracy and adherence to HMI Internet Policy.
- Review order status daily and ensure smooth order flow in the ERP system
- Commerce Hub, EDI, I-Doc, etc.
- Analyze weekly customer forecasts, open orders and scheduled production to ensure timely product availability.
- On-going communication with customer-specific support team on any new customer milestones or potential issues.
- Marketing interface for key e-comm accounts including website review and product set-up sheet maintenance to ensure customers and sales force have all accurate information.
- Partner with Marketing Department to obtain any marketing related materials.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who strives for excellence and is excited to learn new things. They should work well in an energetic team environment, but also be able to take initiative and have an entrepreneurial mind-set!
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates's Degree.
- 3+ years of account management experience.
- Account management operations experience in a corporate setting.
- Ecommerce experience preferred.
- Ability to travel occasionally to meet with customers.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both over the phone and in written form.
- Desire to learn and grow through the organization.