Home Meridian International, a division of Hooker Furniture Corporation (NASDAQ:HOFT), is a global design and marketing company that ranks among the leading suppliers to US retailers, partnering with 98% of the top 100 non-specialty retailers. Named consecutively to the Triad Business Journal's Fast 50 list, Home Meridian is a leader in the Home Furnishings industry. We are actively recruiting candidates for an Inventory Coordinator-3PL.
Our office is located in High Point, NC; the heart of the furniture industry. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a modern and dynamic working environment. At HMI we support an open door policy and a casual dress code. We actively seek out ways to improve our business and our employees’ jobs with emerging technologies and support programs. We encourage forward thinking, team building and creative problem solving. HMI thrives on positive work ethics and attitudes, and a passion for providing quality home furnishings at an exceptional value. A requirement of this position will be to work in the High Point, NC office. The Inventory Coordinator-3PL will report to the Inventory and Forecast Manager.
As HMI continues to grow and evolve as a leading home furnishings provider, we continue to grow and evolve our workforce as well. The skills you acquire and connections you make in this role as an Inventory Coordinator-3PL will result in opportunities for advancement throughout the company. At HMI, you will be valued and viewed as a key contributor to the overall success of our organization.
The Inventory Coordinator-3PL will maintain appropriate inventory levels to achieve turn goals in third party logistics locations (3PL) based on standard processes, be responsible to audit inventory and invoice reconciliation processes.
- Inventory Planning
- Work with buying teams to have product ordered proactively to minimize out of stock situations.
- Plan truckload stock transfers as well as order inventory to maintain healthy product levels by evaluating buying reports and sales trends.
- Inventory Processing and Reconciliation
- Track and manage adjustments between 3PL and HMI databases to reconcile any changes, as well as investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Keep 3PL web portal updated with changes and respond to alerts in a timely manner.
- Process invoices from 3PL to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Maintain regular and proactive communication with 3PL team.
- Participate in buying meetings by being prepared with questions and information on SKU’s that need to be reviewed and discussed based on inventory analysis.
- Prepare monthly analysis and reporting on overall statistics.
- Offer continuous improvement ideas for the overall process as needed.
- BS or BA degree.
- 2+ years of experience in forecasting, planning, supply chain, or other analytical type role in a corporate environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze information.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Excel.
- Ability to communicate proactively and effectively with the customer.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.