Work For Us
Mini University, Inc. Home Office
115 Harbert Drive
Beavercreek, Ohio 45440
Toll Free: (877) 429.9400
Phone: (937) 426.1414
Fax: (937) 426.5650
|Position: TEACHER - Preschool|
|Job Id: 582|
|# of Openings: 1|
Make a difference in the lives of young children. Inspiring Work Begins Today!
Mini University employs team members who are professional, knowledgeable, nurturing and genuinely dedicated to achieving positive child outcomes. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who requires the following characteristics of all team members regardless of the job assignment:
• Dedication and commitment to our Core Values:
• A strong work ethic and willingness to be a contributing member of the Mini U. TEAM.
Teacher Job Description:
Professionals Caring About Your Child’s Education: This is the motto that has served Mini University well for over 25 years. Each word indicates the significant role a Teacher accepts when joining the Mini U Team.
Teachers are responsible for supporting the emotional and educational needs of young children. They must intentionally prepare and maintain an enriched learning environment. They routinely assess the needs of each child in their class, and then use this assessment data to differentiate and individualize instruction to support each child’s developing skills and knowledge. Teachers are held accountable for nurturing children, responding to their interests and needs, and making learning meaningful. They implement the curriculum, supervise other members of the teaching staff (Assistants, Support Staff and Substitutes), and work with diverse families, administrators and team members.
Teachers are expected to maintain a very high level of quality and excellence in early care and education by being able to understand, articulate and meet the standards, criteria, curriculum and guidelines outlined in the following:
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation Standards and Criteria http://www.naeyc.org/community/torch; Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) Child Care Licensing Regulations http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/providers.stm; Ohio’s Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS) http://www.earlychildhoodohio.org/elds.php; Creative Curriculum http://teachingstrategies.com/curriculum/; and Step Up to Quality www.earlychildhoodohio.org
The profession of Early Childhood Education is rapidly changing in Ohio and across the country. Teachers must make a commitment to stay abreast of these changes by reading the latest research on achieving positive child outcomes and being willing to try new strategies to best serve the needs of young children and their families. It’s an exciting time to be a Teacher of young children. Each day you should laugh, play, grow and learn as you nurture and teach young children.
BS/BA Degree from an accredited college with at least 4 courses in Child Development and/or Early Childhood Education or AA in Early Childhood Education
1. Be willing and able to impart information and orally communicate with children, families and others.
2. Be willing and able to understand and respond to oral communications and directions.
3. Be willing and able to read, write, understand and respond to written instructions, communications and materials.
4. Have the capacity to ensure the safety of, observe, and assess all situations involving a child, a group of children and co-workers.
5. Have mobility, strength, and dexterity to be able to lift a child weighing up to 40 pounds; interact at each child's level; and retrieve children who wander and/or run from the group.
Wage: $16.00/hour and excellent benefits
Staff Teacher: $13.00/hour and excellent benefits
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|