Maintenance Repair Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots equipment electrical circuits and building electrical low voltage installations.
- Troubleshoots pneumatics and hydraulics problems on plant equipment.
- Installs new equipment.
- Installs and aligns motors, blowers, and transmissions.
- Troubleshoots controls for AC and DC motors and instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot AC and DC motors
- PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Rebuilds mechanical gearboxes.
- Rebuilds vacuum and water pumps.
- Possesses basic knowledge of HVAC and plumbing.
- Calibrates electrical equipment.
- Works on jobs assigned by lead, completes paperwork related to job and communicates the status of the job.
- Does breakdown repair analysis to find root cause of problem.
- Teaches production employees basic maintenance practices, such as cleaning, inspection, filters changes, and lubrication.
- Contacts vendors whenever needed or as directed by his/her leader or supervisor.
- Reports activities into SAP software, according to company procedures.
- Participates on working teams, team meetings, and helps in any activities related to team responsibilities.
- Must be conscious of housekeeping in maintenance areas and wherever performing work assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of vocational/technical training with the appropriate certification or minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance experience, preferably in a large industrial setting required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good safety and good attendance record REQUIRED.
- Proven knowledge of PLCs, VFDs, and low voltage electrical panels maintenance is a MUST
- Experience with IR cameras, lubrication level I, oil analysis principles, and laser alignment and HVAC is desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills needed.
- Proven team building skills and ability to coordinate activities.
- Good record exercising independent judgment & initiative.
- Good math & computer skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and prior experience with any CMMS software (DataStream 7i, MP2, Maximo, SAP).
- MUST be able to read and understand blue prints and electrical schematics.
- MUST be licensed to operate forklift, work truck and boom lift.
- MUST have valid drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand, walk, and sit throughout the day.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 65 pounds alone and up to 100 pounds with a lifting partner.
- The employee must repetitively climb several flights of stairs during each shift.
- The employee MUST NOT be afraid of heights. Climbing silos once in a while is part of the job.
- MUST be available to work overtime as required.
- Must be available to work around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maintenance is a 24/7, 276 days activity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- Moderate noise level in the office area.
- Required to wear ear plugs, safety shoes and eye protection while on the manufacturing floor.
- Normal work hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- Normal work days are Monday through Friday.
- Lunch period is 30 minutes per day, unpaid.
- Breaks are two 15-minute per shift.
- Normal work hours are either 8 am to 8 pm or 8 pm to 8 am.
- Normal work days encompass a work schedule that follows the 2-2-3 pattern. Employee will work 7 days in a 14 day period.
- Lunch period is 30 minutes per day, unpaid
- Breaks are three 10-minute per shift.
This description attempts to address the typical duties performed, but in no way serves as a complete listing of all requirements.