Title: General Manager
Reporting Relationship: District (DM)
A General Manager (GM) is responsible for the overall operations, customer experience, sales performance, profit maximization, and execution of brand excellence in a store. The GM must maintain an exceptional level of customer service by developing strong store Team Members and Shift Managers.
- Understands and communicates the company’s mission and objectives.
- Provides the direction, leadership and communication necessary to achieve sales results and operating plan goals for the store. Ensures the store Shift Managers provide the same to the store Team Members.
- Achieves store quantitative objectives including: sales, labor COGS, shrinkage and expense management.
- Communicates all shift issues, concerns and needs to the DM or AGM.
- Responsible of maintaining operational excellence in each store.
- Responds to directives in an accurate and timely manner and ensures the same compliance of the store team.
- Recognizes and rewards outstanding performance of store Team Members.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strives for the ultimate in-store customer service experiences and impressions.
- Maintains excellent customer service metrics.
- Ensures stores have adequate shift coverage at all times, while adhering to scheduling and labor guidelines.
- Oversees the recruiting, hiring and training practices to ensure quality of store staff.
- Train store management teams to successfully handle service issues and intervenes when necessary.
- Motivates and mentors Team Members on providing customers with product suggestions and information.
- Educate and engage the community and store customers on all of Cinnabon’s products and services.
- Adheres to and has knowledge of all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains impeccable standards concerning store maintenance, housekeeping and supplies.
- Regulates the ordering of supplies in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provide performance feedback to Team Members.
- Lead and manage shifts while acting as manager in charge of store.
- Deploy Team Members as required to meet business demands and make necessary staffing decisions.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective shift operations and the overall operations of the store.
- Follow all food safety, cash handling and operations procedures and policies and ensure that store Team Members are in compliance.
- Ensure that all Team Members have mastered the store stations, meeting the Cinnabon operating standards.
- Coordinate, manage and participate in off-site program customer visits and deliveries.
- Train and on-board new Team Members and Shift Managers on both front- and back-of-house procedures.
- Provide constructive performance feedback to all of the store Team Members.
- Responds to management performance thorough reviews and objectives.
- Recruit and maintain a pipeline of qualified Team Members to meet the store operation’s needs.
- Creates a store plan that supports the execution of regional and company store initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follow up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Utilize financial tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in sales and performance.
- Provides the direction and communication necessary to achieve sales results and store operating plan goals.
- Possess expert knowledge of the store trade area and the community. Engage and educate the community and the trade area on Cinnabon’s customer value proposition.
- Analyzes financial data to build on strengths, support weak areas and note any unusual occurrences. Trains Shift Managers in recognizing and influencing their business by understanding financial reports and acting on the knowledge. Ensures that all productivity numbers, sales and budgets are consistently met.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must be able to work 40-45 hours per week; must be able to work a variable shift (openings, mid-day shifts and closings) from week-to-week.
· 2-4 years’ experience managing others.
· High School graduate or commensurate Cinnabon experience required.
· Computer skills including some Microsoft software and register skills.
· Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs regularly throughout shifts.
· Ability to stand, bend, reach and scoop through-out assigned shift.
· Ability to be mobile in walk-in refrigerator and freezer with temperatures ranging from 40° F to -10° F.
· Allergy Notice: Food and beverages prepared at Cinnabon may contain the following ingredients: Peanuts, soy, and dairy products.