Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Chilton, WI
Classification: Non-Exempt / hourly
Reports to: Operations Manager
Performs maintenance services and repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, machine/equipment servicing, welding, electrical, HVAC, security, utilities, fire protection, pollution control and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts all duties in a manner consistent with company established policies, programs, and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with applicable international standard and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, environmental protection and conservation, process/product quality and reliability, and operational productivity.
- Supports workplace organization and housekeeping efforts and incorporates clean work practices in daily routines.
- Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains lighting systems, electrical/electronic systems, electro-mechanical production equipment, material handling equipment, pollution control equipment, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Installs and replaces new electrical/electronic replacement parts, lamps, ballasts, pumps, motors, filters, fluids, etc., according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
- Inspects work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, local, state, and federal safety policies and regulations. Responsibilities also include documenting safety inspections, citing dangerous areas/procedures and conducting corrective procedures, and maintaining safety equipment supply.
- Maintains waste water treatment, waste disposal, and recycling areas in a clean and organized state at all times in compliance with company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Provides minor grounds maintenance in all seasons. May be responsible for light snow removal, yard care, and clean up.
- Operates overhead gantry cranes, powered industrial lift equipment, and various power and hand tools and equipment.
- May participate in remodeling and renovating of facilities, including equipment moving, electrical, plumbing, painting, and other construction related work.
- May design and fabricate tooling, fixtures, and equipment for production area.
- Works with and oversees the work of maintenance help and outside contractors as needed.
- Maintains currency with respect to technical skills by attending training events, educational courses, seminars, workshops, etc., as well as independent research as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to wet conditions (non-weather); moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock; and moderate noise levels.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft business applications to create, modify, and maintain spreadsheets, documents, and presentations.
- Experience with various welding methods.
- Powered industrial truck and overhead crane operation qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.