CSTK Inc., a national provider of transportation services and an authorized Thermo King dealer, is seeking an experienced full-time Payroll Specialist for its Corporate Office located in Overland Park, KS.
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for weekly payroll processing, maintaining employee records and keeping the company in compliance with federal and state payroll laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform weekly payroll processing review and operations for five tax id’s; 600 employees
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance via payroll system
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Process accurate and timely quarterly and year-end reporting
- Process manual checks as needed
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Answer payroll related questions from employees and managers
- Research and email appropriate audience of file issues
- Set up new hires and gather appropriate documentation, including initial benefit enrollments.
- Process weekly Health Savings Account payments
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates must possess the qualifications below to be considered for this position:
- Must have at least 2-4 years’ recent payroll processing experience, including processing multi-state payroll.
- High school diploma or equivalent; and AA/BS
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), preferred.
- Recent Payroll Processing Experience with ADP Workforce Now, preferred.
- Solid understanding and application of payroll fundamentals and best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Strong PC skills including good working knowledge of Excel
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. CSTK is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.