CSTK, a national provider of transportation services and authorized Thermo King dealer, is currently is seeking a full-time Service Writer for its CSTK East division. This position reports directly to the Service Manager and is located at CSTK in Bethlehem, PA.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
- Act as the liaison between Customer and Shop Supervisor
- Perform check-in/check-out procedures on customer equipment.
- Assist Shop Supervisor with scheduling.
- Maintain and update the service boards on a timely and consistent basis.
- Greet and communicate with Customers on all aspects of repair, including, but not limited to: creating work orders, arrange scheduling and communicating work to the Shop Supervisor, and providing estimates to the Customer and finalizing invoices.
- Determine need for repairs and maintenance by relying on information relayed by Technicians and/or Shop Supervisor, by questioning Customers thoughtfully, and by researching vehicle history and other forms of computer information. Obtain required information for equipment being serviced (hours, serial number, warranty, etc.)
- Communicate clearly with Customers to obtain work authorizations and reference numbers.
- Handle minor customer concerns and complaints, and seek guidance and approval from Service Manager for major concerns and complaints.
- Follow up with Customer on services provided; ensure Customer is satisfied with the work performed.
- Perform cashier functions as needed
- Primary point-of-contact for customers. Handle telephone and email transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Promptly notify Customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
- Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
- Ensure compliance with company standards, rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Basic Qualifications
Interested candidates must possess the basic qualifications below to be considered for this position: Interested candidates must possess the basic qualifications below to be considered for this position:
- A minimum of 2 years of prior Service Advisor work experience in automotive, truck, bus, trailer, transportation industry
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer skills and the aptitude to develop strong working relationships
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, plus professional telephone skills
- Must be able to take direction while working independently and within a team environment
- Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. CSTK is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.