|Position: Engineer - Lighting Electronics|
|Job Id: 474|
|# of Openings: 1|
I I STANLEY COMPANY, INC
SALARIED POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Design Engineer-Lighting Electronics
PLANT / SECTION: Design Engineering
Under the direction of the Design Manager and Design Program Leader, design electronics for new lamp projects. The key responsibilities include developing high quality and cost effective electronic products for the OEM automotive field that are government compliant and achieve customer satisfaction.
• KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute the design and development of electronic products from initial concept to production by utilizing CAD and CAE resources.
• Ensure compliance to regulation requirements through robust product design.
• Identify, investigate, and resolve design concerns/problems as early as possible in the development process.
• Investigate and integrate new technologies into product design.
• Support Sales by providing technical information for accurately estimating costs associated with products.
• Create electronic diagrams and circuits using CAD software for product design output.
• Execute delivery of technical information to the Customer, other company depts., and within Design.
• Identify and negotiate solutions to technical problems with the Customer and other company departments, and within Design.
• Support Design Engineers and Program Leaders. Ensure compliance to quality management system requirements.
• Support Planning and Execution
• EDUCATION: 4 yr degree, B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
• Minimum 5+ years electronics experience required
• Minimum 2+ years knowledge & skill – any CAD program but CATIA V5 preferred
• Automotive experience with knowledge of driver board or PWB design is preferred
• Knowledge of exterior lighting electronics preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willing to travel: customer on-site location, out of town, overseas
• Good attitude/creative/pro-active mentality/challenge-seeker
Above: Design Manager. Design Program Leader
Additional CAD software (ex. NX, Solidworks, Autocad, etc…)
Knowledge of FMVSS/CMVSS and ECE Lighting Regulations
Knowledge of OEM Lighting Requirements and Best Practices
Knowledge of automotive test requirements
Knowledge of CAD quality requirements and procedures
Exterior Lamp Design
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to sit for extended periods, the position is frequently required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The position must occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and have specific vision abilities related to close and color vision. While performing this job the position is often exposed to moving or mechanical parts and moderate noise levels found in a factory environment. Position is required to travel, occasionally overnight, to perform essential functions. Position is often required to work overtime on little or no notice.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|