Heating and Plumbing Engineers Inc. (HPE) is looking to hire a full time Accounting Manager. This position has broad and direct responsibility for the Accounting activities of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PROJECT ACCOUNTING SUPPORT (LARGE CONSTRUCTION AND SPECIAL PROJECTS):
- Receive and review job vendor invoices and associated documents (related to projects) for relevant information and prepare them for processing
- Job Associated Accounts Payable Management – monitor and match unpaid accounts payable against customer receipts and look for process improvement in subcontractor/customer cash flow management
- Processing all Subcontractor Check Runs
- Managing Lien Releases in a timely manner to ensure customer payments are received timely and all vendor obligations are in compliance for lien releases (including GC/Sub/Supplier affidavits)
- Other Project Accounting support as required:
- Job set up and job closing in accounting system
- Job cost tracking, analysis, and reporting
- Analyzing the revenue and cost impact of projects and determining appropriate corrective action
- Posting of billings, liens, subcontractor payments
- Deliver reminders to Project Managers to compliance on pay application submittals and collections of the same
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities
- Overseeing cash management; approving weekly payable
- Overseeing A/R management and providing support to collections activities
- Support cash flow planning, and asset management
- Project Administration such as: posting of billings, overseeing liens, SASMI billings, subcontractor payments, assists others with billing preparations
- Maintains disbursements of HRA account
- Supporting audits and proper filing of all tax returns
SUPPORTS THE INTEGRITY OF HPE’S FINANCIAL RECORDS AND REPORTING BY:
- Providing timely and accurate financial information as directed for both internal and external purposes
- Reporting to Controller on financial performance and responsibilities
- Supports the detail analysis required by Controller and CFO for preparing and managing the annual budget along with tracking, and reporting budgets and labor burdens
- Ensuring cost effective systems of internal controls
- 6-10 years of experience in related accounting role with a strong quantitative focus
- Experience with specialty ERP systems a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
- Attention to detail and proven ability to multi task
- Outgoing/service orientation personality
- Ability to deal directly with vendor customer issues and communicate in a positive and patient manner
- Maintain confidentiality and professional ethics.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time.
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done!
- Construction industry experience a strong plus
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Senior Staff Accountant to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Senior Staff Accountant is required to walk, sit, stand, use hands, talk or listen. The Senior Staff Accountant will be required to use a computer including data entry. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Long periods of sitting will be required.