Under direction of the Lead Project Manager, the CAD Designer will provide support to Project Managers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs;
- Create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings);
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project;
- Sketches rough layout of product and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes;
- Drafts detailed multiview drawings of products;
- Draws finished designs from sketches;
- Update Drafting and Engineering Standards;
- Responsible for maintaining an organized file system for Production Drawings;
- Communicate with Fabrication, QA, Engineering, and Manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
Note: Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and highly proficient with AutoCAD.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in reading, writing, math, and operational logic;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to handle various details in a stressful situation;
- Self-starter with a very high standard of expectation for self;
- Positive attitude toward other employees, customers, and supervisors;
- Excellent work ethic - punctuality, accuracy.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting Wage: $18 - $20 per hour depending upon experience
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Benefits after 60 Days
401k after 6 months
Paid Time Off after 6 months