|Position: Heavy Equipment Operator|
|Job Id: 397|
|# of Openings: 1|
Summary: A Forklift Operator must be able to drive powered forklift equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, beam, flipper, swivel hook, fork grapple, elevating platform or pouring bucket. In addition, the Forklift Operator must perform and possess the abilities as indicated below.
* Uses gas or electrical powered forklift to properly load and unload, move or stack materials and/or products safely and without damage.
* Controls full movement and lifting devices of forklift by using levers and pedals.
* Positions forks, lifting platform or other lifting device under, over, or around pallets, skids, box products or materials and transports the load to designated area for shipment or storage without damage to products, personnel or property.
* Inventories material and supply employees with materials upon request and/or as needed.
* Properly loads and unloads motorized vehicles accurately and identifies quality concerns.
* Conducts and documents daily forklift inspection which includes but is not limited to: fuel lines, oil gauges, any leaks, tire pressure, etc.
* Performs duties in a safe, organized and efficient manner.
* Must comply with all safety regulations and practices.
* Must maintain radio communications and respond appropriately.
* Maintain storage yard and surrounding areas in an organized appearance.
* Assist plant personnel by performing various tasks as needed to meet production requirements.
* Knowledgeable of all products produced.
* Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Have the ability to understand Company’s product and functions.
* Must be able to locate, position, and utilize the Mi-Jack in a safe, proactive manner.
* Inspects products being loaded or transported for quality and accuracy.
* Must be able to pass forklift driver certification.
* Physically be able to satisfactorily perform all the essential functions of this job.
> Education and/or experience: Minimum high school diploma and/or equivalent; knowledge of construction or precast industry preferred. Three-years experience with operating a forklift and/or equivalent with capacity 5,000+ or greater on a daily basis.
> License and requirements: Must maintain forklift certification with completing reviews and pass recertification exams.
> Reading, Writing, and Communication Skills: Must be able to accurately read and interpret related material. Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing. Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
> Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure. Ability to accurately read and interpret a tape measure.
> Physical Demands: Regularly stand, sit, and use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and turn. Activities require physical labor and hand-eye coordination. The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds individually or up to 100 pounds with assistance.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Personal Protective Equipment required at all times when performing assigned duties!
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|