Account Manager Job Description
Reports to: Sales Manager
Summary: Under direction of the Sales Manager, an Account Manager will be responsible for growing business while maintaining strong and trusting relationships with current customers. Additionally, this position will act as a strategic partner in expanding Lindsay Precast, Inc. presence within the designated territory and will be accountable for maximizing sales that broaden Lindsay Precast, Inc. position in the market.
- Identify potential customers and work to develop both new and existing accounts;
- Regularly use, maintain and update a customer/prospect database that contains the names, addresses and phone numbers of current and prospective accounts;
- Communicate clearly and collaborates with engineering, as required, to ensure accurate proposals;
- Prepare proposals and obtain appropriate managerial approval;
- Present proposals while selling the features and benefits of our products to close sales;
- Partner with engineering for jobs under contract and obtain approved drawings;
- Conduct regularly scheduled jobsite service visits instructing the workers in the proper and safe utilization of products thereby shortening their learning curve;
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the equipment and the production they are obtaining;
- Confirm proper recording and coordination of shipments and returns;
- Accountable for all credit interactions with the customer including obtaining contractor approval of invoices, making adjustments through credit requests and ensuring prompt payment, as well as preparing and distributing monthly account status reports.
- Settle accounts as soon as possible after the last major return of a project regarding lost material, damaged product, cleaning, freight and final returns.
- Timely/accurately complete weekly sales reports and provides information as needed for backlog and sales projections.
- Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in business to business sales
- Account Territory: South Carolina and North Carolina
- 10% Travel