Starting Pay: $28.00 per hour
Weekend Differential: $1.00 per hour
The Austen-Dooley Registered Nurse is expected to function as a professional employee trained in providing basic medical and personal care service to residents. The RN functions under the direction and supervision of the resident’s doctor, Community RN, company administrative personnel & family directions, and in accord with all company, federal, state and local policies regulating health & personal care standards and practices.
- Must hold current Missouri State Board of Nursing RN License or a similar RN license from a compact state.
- Must be at least 18 or older, a high school graduate or GED / Or be in the process of obtaining GED within 12 months from date of hire, and be able to read and write in English, (consistent with job requirements)
- Must be at least 18 years of age (21 years of age if position includes driving personal vehicle and 25 years of age if position includes driving Austen-Dooley Company provided vans).
- Must present documentation of training or be willing to obtain CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens, Abuse and Neglect, Hippa, Mandt or other accepted intervention training, and Positive Behavior Supports within 90 days of hire date.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Valid Missouri/Kansas/Illinois/Arkansas driver’s license with clean driving record required only for driving positions. Must meet Austen-Dooley requirements to be eligible to drive agency vehicles if the position requires it.
- Must complete on-the-job training/orientation and on-site training with assigned mentor
- Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 25 lbs and perform a 2 person transfer.
- Responsible for information in all Person Centered Plans on all consumers.
- Provide care to each individual according to their person centered plan.
- Provide input for annual individual planning sessions.
- Be prepared to work at any company group home or supported living home when needed.
- All shifts are awake shifts, unless specifically designated as an overnight sleeping shift.
- Assist with transportation of residents in company vehicles as required.
- Be willing to transport residents in personal vehicle, if approved as a driver and position requires it.
- On daily basis, assist with providing residents with meaningful individual and group activities.
- Notify management of needs for household food, supplies or repairs
- Follow physician orders.
- Assist with meal preparation, following menus where established, serving and cleanup.
- Notify management of upcoming outings.
- Assist with housekeeping duties, I.E., laundry, dishes, cleaning.
- Maintain current certification in CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens, MANDT, Abuse/Neglect.
- Attend mandatory company meetings and training sessions.
- Assist residents with personal care, hygiene and other activities of daily living.
- Practice honesty, dependability & confidentiality in all resident matters.
- Respect cultural & religious practices of each client and family.
- Promptly report changes in condition of any resident to doctor, company nurse & supervisor.
- Carry out assignments as instructed by the individual care plan established by annual meeting and found in each resident chart.
- Adhere to and follow all company policy and procedures.
- The RN position includes all of the duties of a PCA in addition to specific nursing duties as assigned which may include: medication administration, accurate and complete nursing notes, monitoring of consumer health, injections, catheters, and other nursing duties.
- Provide input for annual individual habilitation planning sessions
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Austen-Dooley retains the right to move employees to alternate work sites and work shifts, as necessary for standard business operations.