|Position: Qualified Management Professional - KC|
|Job Id: 200-200|
|# of Openings: 2|
Qualified Management Professional (QMP)
Salary Range: $40,000 - 45,000 (depending upon experience)
Provides social work services and develops and monitors the treatment plans of individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities living in group homes or supported living residences. Manage employees for homes assigned This position reports directly to the agency owners/administrators .
• 4 Year Bachelor Degree in Human Service field or Registered Nurse (with proof of education) or 4 years experience working with people with developmental disabilities.
• Must have at least one year of experience working directly with persons with mental retardation or other developmental disabilities.
• Facilitate and participate in Individual Program Plans which address the residents physical, psychological, medical, social, religious, educational/vocational, and recreational needs.
• Ensures that staff working with the residents are knowledgeable about the Individual Program Plans and understand their role in helping the resident achieve his/her goals and are actively carrying out prescribed interventions.
* Ensure staffing ratios are in compliance with individual plans and State requirements.
• Completes monthly reviews for each resident.
• Ensures that the residents daily routine is consistent with residential practices, individual activity schedules, and individual program plans..
• Ensures that menu planning and meal preparation is in accordance with special diets as necessary.
• Perform all duties as related to prospective residents (review packets, coordinate with family and regional center, schedule pre-placement visits).
• Address behavior problems (provide counseling, crisis intervention, develop and monitor behavior programs, initiate consultations with professional services as needed)
• Maintain regular communication and working relationships with families, service coordinators, and community contacts (church, UCP, other support organizations) .
• Coordinate with staff, community RN and professional consultants to ensure residents receive necessary services.
• Coordinate with community RN to ensure proper administering of medication by medication administration certified staff.
• Ensure adherence to all state and federal regulations, standards and guidelines
• Carry agency provided cell phone 24hrs/day, 7 days per week and rotate on-call with other management.
• Maintain documentation of all services and treatment provided to residents.
• Provide on-going training and in-services to staff. Participate in bi-monthly staff meetings. Qualified Management Professional (QMP)
• Ensure residents are not subjected to abuse/neglect/exploitation and take appropriate actions if abuse is reported or suspected.
• Review and respond to Event Reports and forward such reports to the Kansas City Regional Center within the required timelines. • Advocate for residents best interest.
• Promote and coordinate community involvement
• Coordinate fire and tornado drills, keep documentation regarding such drills, report deficiencies to owner/administrators
• Perform other duties or functions as requested or assigned by owners/administrators.
Austen-Dooley Company provides the following benefits:
*401k after 1 year
*Pre-paid legal services
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|