The Austen-Dooley Personal Care Attendant is expected to function as a paraprofessional employee trained in providing basic medical and personal care services to residents. The Personal Care Attendant functions under the direction and supervision of the client’s doctor, company nurse, company administrative personnel & family directions, and in accord with all company, federal, state and local policies regulating health & personal care standards and practices.
- Must be at least 18 or older, a high school graduate or GED / Or be in the process of obtaining GED within 12 months from date of hire, and be able to read and write in English, (consistent with job requirements)
- Must be at least 21 years of age if position includes driving personal vehicle or Austen-Dooley vehicle.
- Must present documentation of current CPR, First Aid, Bloodbourne Pathogens, Abuse/Neglect, Hippa, Positive Behavior Support, Medication Training, Mandt or other accepted intervention training, or be willing and able to obtain required trainings within 90 days of hire date
- Must present proof of current, valid auto insurance, if personal vehicle is to be used during working hours
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Valid Missouri/Kansas/Illinois driver’s license with clean driving record for all driving positions. Any excessive or avoidable traffic or parking violations can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Must meet Austen-Dooley requirements to be eligible to drive agency vehicles. Austen-Dooley may decide at any time to move you to a non-driving position.
- Must maintain updated telephone & address records/changes
- Must complete on-the-job training/orientation with assigned mentor
- Must be able to safely lift at minimum of 25 lbs and perform a 2 person transfer.
- Read all Person Centered Plans on all consumers and sign signature page send to HR for file.
- Provide care to each individual according to their person centered plan.
- Provide input for annual individual planning sessions.
- Be prepared to work at any company group home or supported living home when needed.
- Provide at least 4 hours notice of absence, whenever possible. Recorded and/or text messages not acceptable.
- All shifts are considered awake shifts, unless specifically designated as an overnight sleeping shift.
- Assist with transportation of residents in company vehicles as required.
- Be willing to transport residents in personal vehicle, if approved as a driver and position requires it.
- On daily basis, assist with providing residents with meaningful individual and group activities.
- Notify management of needs for household food, supplies or repairs
- Follow physician orders.
- Assist with meal preparation, following menus where established, serving and cleanup.
- Notify management of upcoming outings.
- Update Austen-Dooley management on changes of phone number or address
- Assist with housekeeping duties, I.E., laundry, dishes, cleaning.
- Maintain current certification in CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, MANDT, Abuse/Neglect, Hippa & Medication Training.
- Attend mandatory company meetings and training sessions.
- Assist residents with personal care, hygiene and other activities of daily living.
- Practice honesty, dependability & confidentiality in all resident matters.
- Respect cultural & religious practices of each client and family.
- Promptly report changes in condition of any resident to doctor, company nurse & supervisor.
- Carry out assignments as instructed by the individual care plan established by annual meeting and found in each resident chart.
- Adhere to and follow all company policy and procedures.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Austen-Dooley retains the right to move employees to alternate work sites and work shifts, as necessary for standard business operations