|Position: Staff Accountant|
|Location: Novato, CA|
|Job Id: 134|
|# of Openings: 1|
The mission of Navitas Naturals is to provide the finest organic superfoods that increase energy and enhance health. Our products come from across the global and are a diverse whole-food source of antioxidants, protein, essential fatty acids, minerals, vitamins and other key nutrients. All of our products are certified organic, kosher, gluten-free and non-GMO. We use methods such as freeze-drying and low temperature processing to ensure maximum nutrition and flavor. Navitas Naturals is located fifteen minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge in beautiful Marin County California. Learn more about our journey at www.navitasnaturals.com.
We are a healthy lifestyle company experiencing rapid growth and seeing tremendous adoption of our products at both the consumer and retail level. This is an exciting opportunity to have a material impact in a fast-paced, high-growth organization.
The client is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to report to the company's Senior Accountant. The company plans to double revenue in the next 3-5 years, and the Staff Accountant will be integral to achieving that goal. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger and fixed asset accounting, inventory and financial reporting, as well as financial analysis and other special projects as assigned.
The Staff Accountant will play a key role in the execution of the company's accounting systems, practices, controls, and procedures in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Staff Accountant must be able to work well in a team environment, as s/he works closely with the Accounting team as well as members of the company's sales, production and operations staff. The Staff Accountant will be called upon to identify problems and solutions, and to work collaboratively with the Senior Accountant and management team to ensure implementation. The Staff Accountant must have excellent technical and communication skills.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing accounting information.
Specific components of that responsibility are:
1. Financial Records -- Maintain the general ledger, fixed asset reporting, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, research and reconciliation of discrepancies, auditing and verifying documents, and following internal controls.
2. Cost Records -- Maintain cost information for use in determining pricing and profitability in production. Maintain appropriate metrics for evaluation of production operations and for finding expense reduction or increased revenue opportunities.
3. Financial Reporting -- Timely preparation of periodic accounting and financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and tax regulations. Reports include balance sheets, income statements, cash flow reports, budgets and variance analysis. Work with production operations and sales management to undertake special analysis as appropriate to provide management decision support.
4. Forecasting and Budgeting -- Participate in the budgeting process and development of financial planning, budgeting and modeling systems for ongoing evaluation and monitoring. Develop and maintain appropriate tools for management decision support.
5. Other Administrative Functions -- Handle other administrative functions and perform special duties and projects as requested by the CFO, Senior Accountant and management team.
Desired Skills & Experience
This individual will be an experienced accountant and will possess a mix of relevant experience gained in a similar role.
1. Education/ Experience: Undergraduate Accounting degree required. Manufacturing and inventory accounting experience is required; Consumer Packaged Goods or food industry experiences a plus. A minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting experience required. Experience/aptitude for implementing business processes is desirable.
2. Communication Skills: This person must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working in a production environment as a hands-on team player who can also operate independently. Must be able to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
3. Work Ethic: Self-confident, collaborative, knowledgeable, and an analytic thinker, this person will demonstrate good judgement and the ability to take action as appropriate. The ideal candidate is someone who has the demonstrated ability to handle daily work details accurately as well as other projects, as well as quickly dive in and learn the business.
4. Computer Skills: Strong computer skills; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required. Experience with accounting software and NetSuite (or other similar ERP systems) required.
|Back To Jobs|