Job Title: Business Process Analyst
Division: Secretariat Projects
Reports to: Director of IS
The Business Process Analyst will be responsible for: 1) identifying opportunities to improve existing processes and/or create new processes in order to progress toward established goals and 2) serve as a liaison between all stakeholders in order to implement desired changes – by fostering communications, coordinating efforts and facilitating progress.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
Knowledge and Skills
- Inquisitive mindset
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently and set priorities under time constraints.
- Excellent customer service, negotiating, and team building skills.
- Expert facilitation skills.
- Solid knowledge of business process fundamentals, assessment and redesign methodology, Business Process Management concepts and practices.
- Strong business process modeling and analysis skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Knowledge of industry recognized business process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, BPI, etc.).
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of organizational and/or business change management principles and methods.
- Leads business process improvement activities within projects
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators for the project.
- Conducts business process analysis and needs assessments in an effort to identify business process improvements.
- Partners with process owner to understand and define process goals and project success criteria
- Performs fit-gap analysis to identify gaps and key opportunities
- Develop roadmap for business and organizational change
- Helps to capture and trace business issues to current state processes
- Facilitates the definition of future state processes
- Participates in process solution design and may contribute to business requirements gathering
- May model/simulate “what-if” scenarios.
- Helps implement reengineered processes
- Assists in defining the tools and methods to measure and track process performance across the business
- Helps maintain the business process beyond the boundaries of the project timeframe
- Facilitates workshops and discussions relevant to the role
- Able to articulate the features and value of business process management to business partners
- Keeps current with process skills to ensure value is consistently delivered
- Provides general process improvement mentoring
Experience in a project-oriented environment and a role involving most or all of the following:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years in designing and deploying processes or improving existing processes.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience using various business process improvement methodologies, including relevant certifications.
- Experience managing conflicts, negotiating, and maintaining a degree of adaptability.
- May be asked to assist in annual budget activities.
- Secretariat Project’s Division Manager, Project Managers, All levels of Business Function Management, Information Services Management, Business Systems Analysts
- Occasional interaction with external vendors.
- PC Windows XP environment, telephone, calculator, fax, copier