|Position: Senior Auditor|
|Location: Evanston, IL|
|Job Id: POS863|
|# of Openings: 1|
Job Title: Senior Auditor
Reports To: Director of Auditing Services
The Senior Auditor assists the General Auditor in the planning, design, and performance of internal audits (financial, operational, compliance, and others) and studies to measure and evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, economy and/or performance of the Secretariat’s operations.
1. Graduation from an accredited university or college, preferably with a degree in Business, Computer Science or Accounting/Finance, or the equivalent in audit related training or work experience.
2. CPA/CIA/CISA (or working towards designation) preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Demonstrates knowledge of operational, compliance, financial, and/or information system audit techniques and best practices.
2. Demonstrates a detailed understanding of strategic business objectives and the internal control structure of the organization.
3. Demonstrates skills to identify and analyze the organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats; potential causes; and value-added solutions in concert with the organization’s strategic objectives and industry best practices. Analytical skills should demonstrate both a detail orientation and an understanding of the “big picture”.
4. Ability to prioritize and complete projects within prescribed time frames.
5. Proactive and effective corporate communication skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of personnel within the organization including the Board of Directors/Trustees.
6. Ability to work independently with a focus on deadlines and project deliverables. Project management skills preferred.
7. Demonstrates an understanding of and complies with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
8. Multi-cultural sensitivity.
1. Plans, executes, and reports on internal audits of the Secretariat’s operations at both world headquarters and the International Offices (Seven worldwide).
2. Reviews the effectiveness of the following:
3. Works with operational managers to develop and document internal control systems and procedures.
4. Identifies opportunities to enhance coordination of activities between and among work groups while increasing the efficiency of work flows.
5. Maintains a follow up system on deficiencies noted during the performance of audits and counsels the General Auditor and General Secretary regarding the adequacy of responsive action taken.
6. Assists the General Auditor in supporting Rotary’s Audit Committee and other Rotary senior leaders.
7. Reviews Board and Trustee decisions, on a regular basis, to identify items of potential risk and internal control issues.
8. Identifies and shares materials and information with Auditing Services staff for use in audit permanent files and library.
9. Recommends policies and procedures for carrying out the internal audit activity for the organization.
10. Assists the General Auditor in the preparation of long-range and annual work plans for internal audits.
11. Adheres to the Standards of Conduct as promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
12. Maintains the necessary continuing professional development and training to stay abreast of current and future audit and business developments.
13. Performs other tasks as required.
1. Minimum three years experience in internal or information systems auditing required.
2. Experience in a not-for-profit or service oriented organization helpful.
3. PC network experience in Microsoft productivity software (i.e. Excel and Word) and flowcharting software (i.e. Visio) required.
4. Knowledge of organization, programs, and international business operations preferred.
5. Proven knowledge in business theory and an understanding of financial analysis methods required.
6. Experience using CCH TeamMate internal auditing software preferred.
7. Experience using PeopleSoft Financial.
Oversees any staff auditors assigned by the General Auditor to specific audit projects/engagements and ensures applicable assignments are completed as tasked.
Assists in the management of the Auditing Services and Audit Committee budgets, including their preparation and monitoring of selected accounts.
1. General Auditor (direct report)
2. Other Auditing Services Division staff
3. Operational Managers and their staff
4. Audit Committee
5. Directors/Trustees and other Rotary senior leaders
1. External Auditors
2. Internal Audit Firms
3. Professional Networks (Institute of Internal Auditors, IL CPA Society, AICPA, ISACA, etc.)
4. Other not-for-profit and international audit and business contracts
Personal computer, laptop, phone, fax, copier, audio-visual equipment
|Back To Jobs|