|Position: Regional Membership Officer (Delhi Office)|
|Job Id: 726|
|# of Openings: 1|
Job Title: Regional Membership Officer (Delhi Office)
Reports to: Manager, Regional Membership Officers and International Office
Manager, South Asia Office
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
The Regional Membership Officer (RMO) is a vital member of the Membership Development team whose primary responsibility is to develop and implement member attraction and engagement strategies for a defined geographic territory. The RMO provides counsel, helps train and manages zone, district and club level membership development volunteers to provide clubs with innovative ideas and resources to encourage club flexibility, foster Rotarian engagement, improve membership diversity and strengthen the clubs.
The RMO serves as the primary liaison to membership development volunteers and, in cooperation and collaboration with RI Directors and other senior Rotary leaders, oversees the overall progress of the goals of regional membership efforts in an assigned territory. In support of Rotary’s Strategic Plan and the core objective to support and strengthen clubs, they are also responsible for (1) increasing clubs’ awareness and use of key Rotary resources; (2) helping to increase the diversity of club membership in their assigned territory; (3) supporting overall club growth; and (4) improving member retention in clubs in an assigned territory. This regional membership officer will support the following regions: Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Averages 200+ direct contacts (face-to-face, telephone, e-mail, etc.) per month with Rotarian volunteer leadership, prospective members, including but not limited to young professionals, former program participants and Rotaractors, to help strengthen club capacity and support member attraction and engagement opportunities.
Periodic travel (7-8 trips per year), including weekends, to meet with Rotary leadership, prospective members, training at Rotary International headquarters, and support member attraction and engagement events in assigned geographic territory (local and international).
Knowledge & Skills
• Familiarity with personal computers and database applications required, including advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Strong inter-personal skills and a professional demeanor, strong commitment to customer service, and proven ability in oral and written communications. Ability to interact with high-level business leaders and volunteers
• Strong presentation skills, including public speaking, facilitation, training and promotional writing.
• Works independently and collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment while being comfortable with qualitative and quantitative evaluation. Self-starter, highly organized and able to proactively schedule and manage time and projects. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to reach goals in a timely fashion.
Proficiency in Hindi and English are essential. Ability to understand and speak other local language (s) preferred.
• Assists in the design and implementation of regional membership plans and implements a membership strategy to increase membership growth and retention in an assigned geographic territory
• Helps prepare, analyze and disseminate monthly membership progress reports to volunteer leadership to help monitor and manage activities within assigned territory
• Maintains frequent communications primarily with zone and district leadership including: membership progress reports, segmented communications and marketing strategies, motivational messages, individual member correspondence and news articles for zone, district and club newsletters; data analysis of membership trends; strategic planning
• Travels to/within assigned territory approximately 7-8 times per year (including weekends) to represent Rotary International at professional meetings and events and help promote the importance of member attraction and engagement; train district and zone leadership on how to utilize membership resources.
• Supports district leadership in establishing new clubs in new markets.
• Supports districts in conducting club assessments, member satisfaction surveys, or other research to assess member engagement/retention
• Helps organize model prospective member events or evaluate district service projects that could incorporate a prospective member component
• Works to support an identified group of clubs (10-12) who are working to strengthen their club membership by focusing on member engagement and attraction strategies
• Assist districts and clubs in utilization of Membership Leads program and best practices in connecting prospective, relocated, and referred members to local clubs
• Consults with district and zone leaders on strategic planning and regional membership initiatives based on analytics, trends and volunteer reports
• Collects and shares successful membership strategies and best practices from the field
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Prepares and submits expense reports as needed, ensuring expenditures are in compliance.
All Rotary departments, especially Club and District Support, Communications, Youth Programs and Fund Development. Additional contact with Finance, Leadership Education and Training, Communications, Project Management and Information Services.
Extensive contact with senior Rotary volunteers (directors, regional membership plan project leads, Rotary coordinators, assistant Rotary coordinators), district governors and their district membership committee chairs, assistant governors, club presidents, club secretaries, Rotaractors and former program participants.
Date: November 2019
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|