Job Title: Membership Analyst
Area: Membership Development
Reports to: Director of Membership Development
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position supports the Membership Development team at Rotary International. You will have the opportunity to create and analyze membership data to provide monthly, annual, and special reports, presentations and trainings on membership trends and projections. Your contribution will serve to inform and guide the association’s membership development strategies and determine optimal areas for membership growth.
You Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in market research, economics, statistics or related fields
- Minimum of five years work experience
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence and data visualization software
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- An analytical mind and a passion for turning data into compelling and actionable stories
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and commitment to customer service
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Managing multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Explaining highly technical and data-heavy information to a general audience
- Showing attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Working independently and collaborating with others
You Are Open To
- Frequent communication with senior staff and volunteer leadership
- Occasional travel, including weekends
You Will Be Responsible For
- Managing a dedicated, high-volume e-mailbox for membership data and report requests.
- Responding to special requests from senior staff and volunteer leadership for customized reports and analysis.
- Assisting in the compilation of information and data for background statements and analysis for RI Board, TRF Trustee and various committee meetings.
- Collaborating with colleagues to develop understandable and actionable resources and training curriculum based on membership trends and projections.
Report Design, Development and Maintenance
- Maintaining the organization’s Membership Development report portfolio.
- Gathering and documenting requirements for new membership reports, or enhancements to existing reports.
- Testing new and enhanced reports for accuracy and performance.
Analytics, Evaluation and Visualization
- Assisting in the development of organizational and regional goals which can be effectively tracked and are aligned with strategic priorities.
- Extracting membership data from multiple sources to review and gauge membership growth and retention trends and to communicate trends to senior staff and volunteer leadership.
- Proactively monitoring and identifying global and regional trends, challenges, and opportunities for membership growth.
- Helping develop and provide evaluation measures for assessing the effectiveness of specific membership development initiatives.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options