Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer, Voice and Network
Area: Network & Telecom - ITOI/Information Technology
Reports to: Network & Telecom Manager
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position supports the Network and Telecom team, responsible primarily for ensuring the availability of business data, transmitted internally and externally. Assists in the detection, prevention, and analysis of system outages. An ideal candidate would use one’s expertise in designing secure voice and LAN/WAN solutions and architectures while leveraging knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methodologies.
You Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 10+ years of equivalent work experience in a predominately Cisco voice and network infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with network technology solutions, including: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Hands on experience with VoIP solutions ( Cisco, Microsoft, polycom, contact center, voicemail, SIP, etc…)
- Palo Alto firewalls, F5 load balancers and catalyt full stack knowledge are a plus.
- Experience in programming and scripting languages such as python for automation and working with API’s is a plus.
- Experience with Azure or PaaS, IaaS, SaaS is a plus
- One or more of the following certifications is a plus: CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Administrator CCNP – Routing and Switching certification
You Are Good At
- Working well under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks effectively
- Being a strong team player, self-motivated and detailed oriented with the ability to collaborate with other teams with an attention to detail
- Written and oral communication with the ability to present ideas in user friendly language
- Showing attention to detail
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
You Will Be Responsible For
Operations and Design
- Your key responsibility is to support the day-to-day operations of the on-prem and cloud data network along with voice infrastructure. Supporting the telephony services, includes global call centers and system design. You will be responsible to evaluate, architect and oversee technology selection and implementation for both Voice and LAN/WAN solutions. Your responsibility also includes working with System Architects and IT Operations to define, build, and maintain Business Continuity Plans and DR strategy.
- Perform regular hardware and software maintenance, assess solutions, install, configure, and maintains network & security products. Troubleshoot network related problems. Monitor networks and systems for system uptime, through the use of monitoring software that detects anomalous system behavior.
- Establish, implement and maintain network policies and procedures. Lead incident response and conduct root cause analysis
Training and Orientation
- You will be responsible for helping to train and mentor staff on the Network & Telecom team, developing/revising procedures and job aids for the department, and evaluating and recommending changes to increase efficiency and continuous improvements.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options