Job Title: Social and Digital Community Coordinator
Area: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Social and Digital Media Manager
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Integral position on Rotary’s Social & Digital Media team to manage its global social media communities and content. The Social and Digital Community Coordinator works with the manager, and specialists, and interacts closely with counterparts in other departments to monitor, assess, engage, amplify, and respond to Rotary’s social & digital media community, including the organization’s 30+ social media accounts and over 2 million cumulative fans and followers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in marketing and communications or related field.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High-level thinker and solutions-oriented communicator with proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Functional understanding of multiple languages preferred
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, experience writing for multiple audiences and platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and technical information in an understandable manner
- Broad practical knowledge of internal and external communications, including marketing communications, organizational communications and community relations
- Demonstrated knowledge of both popular and emergent social and digital media platforms with the ability to implement strategy across multiple media
- Strong organizational and management skills to effectively manage resources and the execution of multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous growth and development; specifically in marketing, communication, and social media
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Adobe Analytics preferred
Social media plays a critical role in telling Rotary’s story. The Social and Digital Community Coordinator will play a crucial role by communicating directly with members, fans, and followers to help advance Rotary’s mission, in addition to social monitoring, reporting and data analysis.
Manage Social Media Listening, Analytics, and Community Engagement
- Manage user-generated content and global content exchange platforms
- Monitor, moderate and respond to comments and messages on social networks
- Amplify and respond to social media mentions, outcomes, exposure and interest both real-time and on regular basis
- Enhance capacity building for Rotary members and social media community through implementation and amplification of program-specific social media campaigns across Rotary’s areas of focus on a global and regional scale.
- Iterate, improve and implement strategies, tactics, and social media engagement opportunities and crisis communication monitoring across new and existing platforms and channels
- Develop and lead presentations and trainings on social media and community management best practices internally and externally
Support Social Media and Paid Digital Content Production and Reporting
- Assist with execution and monitoring of paid social and digital media content across multiple Rotary social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Coordinate with channel editors and reporters to relay community engagement support around social media content and campaigns across Rotary’s multiple programs and areas of focus
- Work with visual media, editorial, design, global communications, and marketing staff to draft, edit, produce, and distribute creative content, including key messages and visuals
- Identify and leverage new tools for social listening and reporting, and for communicating emerging trends clearly and concisely
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with volunteer members, senior management, program staff, and others to engage and encourage and promote effective social media outreach and online engagement
- Provide both onsite and offsite media support for major Rotary meetings as assigned
At least 3 years’ experience in digital media, marketing or public relations with a focus on community management or customer service
Help define, plan, monitor, and report on social and digital community management
- Ensure seamless integration with Rotary’s Design team in project managing and developing content assets
- Coordinate with Rotary’s Visual Media team in project managing and developing visual assets
- Maintain frequent contact with Rotary’s Web and Publishing team in project managing and developing content assets
- Work in coordination with Rotary’s Global Communications team in managing support and engagement issues, and developing content assets across 8 languages
- Coordinate with internal business units on creation and development of assets for social media