Job Title: Rotary Support Center Supervisor
Area: Rotary Support Center
Reports to: Rotary Support Center Department Manager
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
The Rotary Support Center Supervisor is primarily responsible for direct team supervision to ensure delivery of world class customer service to Rotary’s constituents as they seek assistance with various Rotary activities and information. Oversees all aspects of the Support Center’s team operations including, but not limited to; call and email handling, service level agreements, team scheduling in consultation with the other Support Center Supervisor, issue resolution, related technology oversight, remediation, escalated service handling and implementing business process improvements. Oversight of the visitor experience and tours conducted at ORC and operation of the Rotary store. In collaboration with the other team’s supervisor, is responsible for upkeep and accuracy of the team’s knowledge management system and improving policies and procedures to ensure a consistent and high quality support operation.
Required: Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year accredited college or university.
Preferred: Study/work abroad experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Three years prior Call /Support Center supervisory experience.
- Strong performance management skills: motivation, workforce planning, conflict resolution, coaching and development.
- Commitment to provide “world-class” customer service to internal/external contacts.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High level attention to detail and commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Collaborative and creative approach to developing solutions.
- Ability to adapt to a not for profit volunteer-led organization.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Self-motivated and organized and require minimal supervision.
- Able to take direction, work independently, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and use several different database systems and navigate between them quickly to investigate and respond accurately to inquiries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to identify and implement training needs of team.
- Proficiency in a second language strongly preferred (Spanish or French).
- Multicultural experience preferred.
- Monitor call queues throughout the day to ensure all calls are being responded to in a timely manner based on service level and abandonment rate goals.
- Validate that team members exemplify the values of Rotary by delivering world-class customer service to all inquiries with accurate, professional and prompt responses.
- Supervise the day to day activities of Support Center Coordinators. Provide technical oversight support, including validating ACD phone lines and fax lines are up and systems and resources such as NetForum, Footprints, and Business Intelligence are fully operational.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and first line resource to team assisting with escalated service, remediation, or help with difficult calls or emails.
- Create a positive work experience by fostering a healthy, open and productive team environment where all views and opinions are considered and valued.
- Provide ongoing training and instructional updates to team when processes and procedures change.
- Provide regular coaching and real time feedback; addressing performance issues quickly and taking steps to document discussions and initiate required steps of discipline.
- Validate that team document responses to all inquiries using internal ticketing system.
- Lead by example in exemplifying the values of the organization and supporting the mission, vision and values of the Secretariat and the department leadership.
- Fully support management and Secretariat decisions and positively present decisions to the team.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to work overtime when needed including some weekends to provide supervisory assistance and support.
- Assist directly with call or email queue during high volume periods.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness by researching answers to inquiries from Support Center team and sharing best practices with teammates.
- Continuously update knowledge regarding policy changes and increase knowledge of business to be able to handle wide variety of inquiries.
- Support team in Pune by providing updates, discussing trends and actively participating in all scheduled video conference meetings.
- Serve as trainer and coach for new hires and temporary employees.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement and share ideas with Rotary Support Center Manager and other supervisor.
- Enforce and validate business reasons for unique Support Center policies and procedures related to attendance and time off.
- Expedite handling of special projects / other duties as assigned.
- Use Buddy Punch and Workday to validate and approve payroll for team and immediately address time exceptions.
- Approve time off requests in Workday while ensuring proper staff coverage to meet the ongoing daily needs of the team and business.
- Be available to stay until staff has left for the day to ensure all phones have been logged out, computers have been shut down and all personally identifiable information received from constituents has been properly locked away.
- Turn off phones during team meetings, emergency situations and weather related closures.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in customer service role.
- Three years prior supervisory experience in a support/contact center environment.
Alumni Relations, Club and District Support, Global Communications, Data Services, Financial Services, Fund Development, Foundation Research, International Offices, Rotary Grants, Rotary Programs, Meetings and Events, Mail and Print Shop, Membership Development, Peace Centers, Procurement and Web.
Rotarians, donors, current and potential members, program participants or grant beneficiaries and the general public.
PC (including all applicable software), telephone (including Automatic Call Distributor), fax, copier, scanner and printers