Job Title: Digital Content Manager
Area: Digital and Content
Reports to: Director, Digital and Content
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The Content Manager will lead and execute the Rotary International content strategy, expertly developing and delivering stories across our channels, including Rotary.org, MyRotary.org, blogs, social, print media and more. As a master copywriter and multimedia storyteller, you will collaborate closely with our communications, marketing and creative teams to authentically communicate the Rotary experience through inspiring and engaging storytelling. As the head of the digital content team, you will play a key role in creating the content ecosystem for the organization and establishing a collaborative working relationship between stakeholders within the Communications team and across the organization.
- Lead content strategy across multiple channels, using a creative vision and leveraging data insights to deliver content that improves the performance of our brand channels
- Concept, create and edit video scripts, blog posts, infographics, feature stories and more
- Support overarching business objectives with brand copywriting and content development across all digital channels
- Regularly report on content performance, with clear success metrics tied to driving engagement and brand awareness
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners across the company, to create, support, and execute content to support key initiatives
- Consistently develop systems, processes and creative solutions to scale with the organization, proactively taking initiative to improve and reimagine content programs and processes
- Manage a budget for your team and ensure projects are delivered within scope and on time
- As a content strategist, partner with internal stakeholders to update website content as necessary in keeping with brand standards
- Be a champion of the Rotary International brand, voice and tone
- Provide leadership, vision and support to the Digital Content team
- An experienced writer, editor, and all-around storyteller -- intuitively identifying and drawing out the emotional core from any story, handily writing for different cultures and contexts.
- A data-driven, results-oriented content marketer with deep customer/reader/viewer empathy, brand sensitivity, and digital media expertise.
- Comfortable in the language of editorial and media as well as in business and marketing strategy, and can deftly strategically align the two.
- Deeply entrepreneurial, identifying opportunities to create processes and programming where there were none before.
- A cross-media content creator -- you are a channel and media expert and can develop and distribute appropriate content for each particular channel
- 5+ years in editorial or content production
- 3+ years’ experience with brand marketing
- A discerning eye and ear and can develop multimedia content that aligns with and bolsters the Rotary International voice.
- Knowledge of marketing and content KPIs
- SEO and web traffic metrics
- Social Media expertise
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options