Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Finance
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
This position report to, and will provide primary support for, the Senior Director of Finance. This position and another Administrative Assistant will coordinate their work with the Sr. Coordinator, Finance to ensure the Finance Management Team receives key deliverables on time. This position is responsible for coordinating and/or preparing various financial presentations and for coordinating activities pertaining to finance-related committee meetings.
Associates Degree required
Knowledge and Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with basic financial vocabulary and communications
- Organized, flexible and able to plan
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and define problems, recommend and/or implement solutions
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals, at all levels of the organization and provide specific assistance to Rotary’s senior leaders as requested
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with a focus on deadlines and project deliverables
- Maintains confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Word, Excel webinar software, pdf skills(Foxit Phantom/Adobe)
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint; webinar software: and survey software; Visio for process mapping
- Set up the meeting dates either on site or at the needed locale – make sure that arrangements have been made for travel, hotel, meeting space, translation, Chairman’s dinner, breaks, minute takers, etc.
- Update the official committee lists and ensure that all Finance Management Team has access to the updated lists
- Coordinate the updating of committee, Board and Trustee training materials with the relevant finance managers
- Work with CFO and other team members to ensure that the agendas are prepared and discussed with the various Committee Chairmen and materials are circulated to the committee before the meeting
- Ensure that webinars are successful – establish the meetings, run the webinar technology, assist in trouble shooting with members who are having difficulty
- Ensure that meeting minutes are prepared and reviewed by the CFO, liaison and agenda item presenter, circulated to the Chairman, updated/changed and then circulated to the full committee membership
- Create annual meeting template and update with follow-up from prior meeting
- Act as the site admin for the various work groups
- RI Finance Committee
- TRF Finance Committee
- Risk Advisory Committee
- Rotary Retirement Committee
- Investment Committee
- Initiate, develop, and coordinate PowerPoint presentations for the Finance team
- Coordinate and prepare financial publications (including budget books, investment booklets, advance memorandums)
- Collect data required to update and/or create financial presentations or analysis
- Coordinate assembly, posting on team sites, and distribution of Committee meeting materials
- Maintain and update Finance portal pages to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Coordinate completion of the annual report with financial managers
- Monitor monthly management responsibility reports and assists in preparing variance explanations for department cost centers and committees
- Assist managers in development and maintenance of policies and procedures for budgeting and reporting activities, departmental production/process activities.
- Coordinate the collection of other charities and NFP’s annual reports, financial statements and 990’s for comparing/contrasting to Rotary’s results
- Coordinate and supports budget meetings throughout budget season
- Create bank documentation to support changes in signature, open new accts, etc.
- Make bank deposits
- Take documents to requisite consulate, notary, etc. for legalization
- Work with Associate Foundation group to support various Board meetings
- Order supplies as needed for financial services
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
3 to 5 years or more of relevant experience
As assigned including RI Finance Committee budgets, TRF Investment Committee, Defined Benefit Review Committee and Investment Budget preparation.
Financial Management Team will be the primary contact. In assisting with the committee, Board and Trustee meetings this individual will be in contact with GS, GM's and all Directors.
Rotary Senior Leaders, members of finance-related committees, Cushman & Wakefield staff, Novotex (printing), Eurest (catering), Bank suppliers, Auditors.