Job Title: System Administrator – DevOps (Pune Office)
Area: IT Operations & Infrastructure
Reports to: Manager, Business Systems (IT Operations & Infrastructure)
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
24X5 (Rotational shifts) and on call
Minimum 3 - 5 Year’s Extensive as Developer\DevOps Administrator.
Graduation or Higher (Additional Certifications will be advantage)
Need to have:
- Prior experience in development using .Net framework using C#.
- Must have built websites with IIS as the web server.
- Responsibilities having included day-to-day operational requirements, planned changes and their impact, and measurement of performance against service level agreements
- Ability to establish and meet multiple project timelines and deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relation skills, including technical writing and documentation, are critical.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experience with scripting in Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, and other related languages
- Experience with implementing and managing implementation of developmentally tools and practices and Configuration Management, Agile, and Lean practices
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of common monitoring/metric/build software such as TeamCity, Git/GitHub, Octopus, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins and others.
- Experience in implementing and guiding Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and Integrated Unit and Quality Assurance/Regression testing
- Deep knowledge of deployment methodologies and automation
Nice to have:
- Ability to analyze business requirements and advise executive management on options for operational improvement.
- Experience with agile based iterative development and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- The DevOps Engineer will manage and evolve our build and deployment platform (including source control, build system, artifact repository, container orchestration/scheduling, etc.) and infrastructure monitoring and management tools.
- Embed with development teams to encourage best practices for continuous delivery and configuration management and to identify missing tools and automation
- The DevOps Engineer will act as a liaison between the development teams and the infrastructure/operations teams to build continuous integration deployment practices and supporting automation frameworks
- Maintain software configuration management tools (including open source tools) to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of software baseline
- The DevOps Engineer will implement build procedures that are used to support software product development
- Perform builds on a regular/daily basis with provisions for special build requests
- The DevOps Engineer will support multiple releases and baselines in parallel and troubleshoot issues raised by developers and other CM analysts
- Support, Software Development staff to ensure compliance of established SCM processes
- Train software development and testing teams in the use of configuration management tools and processes
- Collect and analyze software build metrics in support of Software Maintenance activities
- The DevOps Engineer will intimate knowledge of open source tools to support continuous integration and align with concepts of DevOps
- Evaluate new upgrades prior to incorporation into the development environment and software baseline
- Update software development environment with planned upgrades