|Position: Web Developer – PHP|
|Job Id: 478|
|# of Openings: 1|
Job Title: .Web Developer – PHP (Pune Office)
Area: IT Delivery
Reports to: Manager II Application Development, IT Delivery
Rotary is 1.2 million inspired business and professional leaders, in 35,000 Rotary clubs and more than 200 geographical areas united daily across cultures and occupations addressing illiteracy, disease, hunger, poverty, and lack of clean water. The fervent idea exchange celebrates diverse perspectives and facilitates positive change. Passion and engagement abound at Rotary International. In exchange for hard work and dedication, our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. We offer all this and more. Come join us. Visit www.rotary.org to learn more.
Rotary’s commitment to diversity
One of Rotary’s values is diversity, which we define as embracing diversity in thought, culture, and perspective. As such, we welcome and encourage highly-qualified candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Education & Experience:
Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience)/ MCA/ BE in Computers/ BSC IT.
1. Have good hands on experience between 2-5 years in PHP and PHP-MVC.
2. Solid hands on experience in design and development of web-based applications using LAMP stack
4. Experience with any one PHP MVC frameworks like Zend, CodeIgniter, Symfony etc.
5. Experience with front-end frameworks and Content Management applications.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Experience in full software development lifecycle of web-based applications using PHP –Zend.
3. Understanding and knowledge of web development and content solutions
4. Experience with CDN (content delivery networks), Cloud Computing, Storage and Cache.
5. Experience with web services (consuming and/or developing)
6. Familiarity with Agile methodology and continuous integration
Attention to Details –
1. Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and good knowledge of related technology
2. Interpret internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices
3. Provide an approach to mitigate technical risks during development execution
4. Work independently; receive minimal guidance
5. Ability to contribute in multiple projects simultaneously and flexible to adjust the priorities
Technical and Professional Expertise –
1. Make sure that ideal code repository structure is maintained within own area
2. Maintain coding standards related to technology.
3. Develop and deliver user stories with right approach during timebox
4. Support critical production/ non-production issues
5. Work on application performance issues, account it in technical debt and fix such issues
6. Make sure end to end development processes are followed and quality is maintained across the applications
7. Solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
8. Document processes, procedures and best practices
Team Work –
1. Excellent interpersonal skills
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT management, IT team members
Personal computer, telephone, video conferencing equipment
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|