Job Title: Registration and Database Supervisor
Area: Meetings and Events
Reports to: Registration, Housing & Transportation Manager
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supervises mentors and evaluates the performance of two (2) full-time staff including the Registration Specialist (1), and Registration Analyst (1). Review and update job descriptions, interview and hire for open direct report positions as needed.
- Create and maintain the registration policies and procedures manual.
- Budgetary responsibility for line items as assigned for the International Convention, International Assembly, Council on Legislation and other meetings as assigned. Oversees the monthly and year-end financial reconciliation of registration and ticket revenues.
- Manage the registration process (pre-registration, online registration and onsite registration) for Rotary Meetings and Events.
- Manage in-house and onsite temporary staff. Develops the request for proposal (RFP) and contract for international convention onsite temporary staffing and serves as the primary liaison to the contracted onsite temporary staffing agency.
- Executes and implements vendor contract for badging solution.
- Serve as project manager for all Information Services (IS) projects for the department.
- Client-side software administrator for registration application (Abila) and reporting tool, SAP Business Objects.
The Registration and Database Supervisor has high visibility in the organization – communicating with every level of the organization, every division, and outside vendors.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Project Management, Business or database analyst, or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior project management, database integration, computer, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Oracle, PeopleSoft, registration databases, and associated financial reconciliation processes.
- Experience with the development cycle of web applications and the ability to communicate those needs to Information Services (IS) is essential.
- Previous experience supervising and training multi-lingual temporary staff required.
- Analytical capacity, problem solving and independent decision making skills.
- International meetings project experience is desirable.
- Second language skills and knowledge of other cultures is helpful.
- Supervise and mentor two direct reports — Registration Specialist (1), and Registration Analyst (1).
- Project manager for RFID badging project solution and interfacing connected processes.
- Develop and update project plans for registration area for all meetings.
- Create, update and communicate a weekly priority list to direct reports
- Review, create and modify registration policies and procedures for the department, fiscal agents, tour agents, and international offices to ensure they are up-to-date with system and procedure changes.
- Supervise registration process for all RI meetings (pre-registration, online and onsite registration), including, but not limited to:
- Develop assigned budget line items for inclusion in meetings’ budgets.
- Create meetings in Abila Events (Registration software) collaboratively with Registration Specialist
- Manage the in-house, online, and onsite registration process and functionality
- Draft registration forms and communications for official and ad hoc meetings, and confirmations as necessary
- Work with Senior Marketing, Promotions and Publications Specialist and Web department to ensure event microsite has up-to-date information and submit changes as necessary
- Write reports in SAP Business Objects.
- Train and supervise in-house and onsite temporary staff on registration procedures. Write up and record procedures for training.
- Hire and train up to 100 locally hired temporary staff, based on location of meetings.
- Train in-house Meetings and financial staff on registration database prior to event.
- Prepare additional onsite materials, as needed.
- Work with contracted vendor on backend programming for RFID or barcode badges.
- Collect breakout information and work with vendor to reflect all breakouts on monitors displayed in multiple areas of the convention, using the badge and scanners to reflect available seating.
- Order onsite materials including badges and delegate bags.
- Approve meeting refund requests.
- Develop onsite set-up, including ordering furniture, booths, and signage for registration area.
- Assist in communicating information to Host Organization Committees as requested.
- Ensure materials are shipped in accordance with Meetings and Events procedures to the meeting destination.
- Effectively communicate with Rotarians, Rotary Senior Leaders, senior management, RI Staff, and vendors.
- Maintain the special requests received for the International Assembly and respond on behalf of the President-elect to the attendee.
- Responsible for collecting all information to print Assembly itineraries.
- Maintains master spreadsheet, generates, tracks changes for itineraries.
- Oversees and maintains high quality control updates, tracks edits, and reviews registration forms, liaising with publications based on deadline dates.
- Supervises and oversees accurate reporting.
- Responsible for convention temporary staffing including developing the request for proposal (RFP), analyzing bids, contracting with selected vendor, liaising with vendor on site, and reconciling temporary staffing invoice.
- Responsible for developing budgets for all associated registration operations
- Project manager for all aspects for Abila/Events registration system including system modifications, upgrades, testing, and bug fixes. Act as ME300’s main contact with Information Services (IS) and must be able to effectively communicate with IS staff.
- Assist Registration, Housing, and Transportation Manager on projects as assigned.
- International and domestic travel required (up to 10-15%).
- Prior supervisory experience of full-time and temporary staff required.
- Minimum 2 years experience working on international meetings and communicating with international attendees via e-mail, phone and in person.
- SAP Business Object report writing required.
- Knowledge of Abila or other registration database
- Knowledge of Agile project methodology helpful
- International meetings project experience is desirable.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to walk for extended periods of time
- Able to climb stairs for extended periods of time
- Able to travel* for extended periods of time
- Able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs
- Able to utilize office equipment such as copy machine, phone, cell phone, 2-way radio, fax machine, laptop computer, tablet, etc.
- Travel may include but not be limited to sitting in an airplane, train, bus or other form of transportation in order to get to a predetermined location.
- Onsite, supervises and trains 100+ multi-lingual temporary staff.
Develops budget line items for the international convention, international assembly and council on legislation, and other meetings and events as assigned. May include registration revenue, credit card processing fees expense, temporary staffing expenses, e-mail/fax expenses, and registration materials. Reviews monthly responsibility reports for assigned line items. Forecasts line items as assigned.
This position has high visibility and contact with every division and international office at every level in the organization.
- Rotary Senior Leaders and their guests
- Official participants
- Host organization committees
- International Offices and fiscal agents
- Abila CRM, Events, and Reports modules
- Microsoft Office
- SAP Business Objects
- Foxit Phantom
Why Work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options