Job Title: Partner Relationship Officer
Area: Strategy & Enterprise Projects
Reports to: GM, Chief Strategy Officer
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The Partner Relationship Manager will oversee a portfolio of innovative “cross-over” pilot partnerships with a focus on retaining, growing, and maximizing the opportunity with each partner. The ultimate goal in this role is to foster the relationships, test out the viability and value of each partnership with the possibility of creating longer term innovative partnership relationships that will enhance our image, attract more individuals to participate in the Rotary experience. To succeed in this position, candidates must have exceptional relationship, communication and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with partners.
You Will Have
- Strong relationship and network-building skills
- Proven track record developing relationships with external partners
- Membership/participant development minded Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong leadership skills
- Demonstrate ability to show initiative, solve problems and bring new ideas to the table
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 8-12 times annually)
You Are Good At
- Written and oral communication
- Showing attention to detail
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Prioritizing workload
- Making decisions
Your Responsibilities will include
- Build strong relationships that will maximize partner satisfaction, partner retention, and value to both our organization and the partner.
- Develop and evaluate ongoing strategy with partners to create mutual value in the relationships.
- Create key performance indicators with the partners to evaluate the mutual benefit of each relationship.
- Utilize data as appropriate to develop analytical insights to improve performance and evaluation Identify opportunities for new initiatives, offerings, and activities to enhance the value of the relationships.
- Work with the communications team to assure appropriate internal and external communication and marketing occurs around the relationship.
- Work towards positioning Rotary through these relationships as a thought leader in new arenas of interest.
- Travel to meet with potential and existing partners and to promote the relationships.
- Collaborate with and support internal teams including in particular communications team, events team, membership development team and potentially the philanthropy team.
- Coordinate virtual reality activities of the organization and working with the research and evaluation team test out the viability of continuing the program and the value of the same.
Other duties as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned to you.
- Engagement - Fosters relationships by ensuring people are heard, feel recognized, and valued.
- Collaboration - Builds partnerships and works jointly with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communication - Delivers and receives information using a diverse expression of ideas to ensure messages are clear, concise, and understood.
- Global Perspective - Anticipates trends in the global humanitarian market to make decisions on where to focus Rotary's efforts.
- Adaptability - Responds to changes willingly and recognizes when to adjust behavior based on the needs of the situation.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options