Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst/Accountant II
Area: Corporate Finance and Planning
Reports to: Manager of Corporate Finance and Planning
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities. Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position is in the Corporate Finance and Planning (CFP) Department of Rotary International in Evanston. The role reports to Manager CFP and is part of the team that supports Rotary International General Manager areas, budgeting and month end close. The team provides business support including, but not limited to financial accounting, management and regulatory reporting, tax filings, internal and external compliance, governance, as well as transaction and other research. This position provides unique support to the management team by serving as a leader on projects including cross functional teams, deputizing your manager for meetings, improving processes, becoming the subject matter expert for assigned areas. The ideal candidate is a professional with a broad range of experiences and capabilities, preferably in accounting, treasury, tax, financial and regulatory reporting, transaction processing and business process improvement.
You Will Have
- B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or advance degree a plus;
- 8 plus years of progressive accounting/operations/analysis experience preferred;
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP, working knowledge of IFRS preferred;
- Prior experience with ERP systems required, Oracle Cloud preferred;
- Understanding of financial systems and processes;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Experience with accounting for foreign currency transactions;
- Experience with intercompany settlements and consolidations;
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis tools (ROI, discounted cash flows, variance analysis, etc.);
- System conversion/implementation experience preferred;
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets;
- Experience working for multinational organizations preferred;
- Proven knowledge of budgeting process;
- Experience working with internal and external auditors;
- Understanding of regulatory, tax, and internal compliance frameworks;
- Proficient in preparing position papers that include financial data analysis to support business decisions through financial modeling, graphical presentation, and analytical writing;
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility for delivering work accurately and timely;
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as across domestic and international functions and organizations;
- Ability to “shift gears” and prioritize tasks based on the immediate need of the business;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Solid PC skills including proficiency in MS Office, expert knowledge of Excel.
You Are Good At
- Leading a team, getting along with others;
- Planning and organizing;
- Problem solving;
- Sharing prior experience and knowledge with others;
- Asking questions, not being afraid to ask for help;
- Being curious and observant;
- Working with minimal supervision;
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback.
You Will be Able To
1) Financial Accounting, Financial Statements, Audit, Monthly and Annual reporting, Taxation and Information Filings
- Provide support in preparation of monthly financial statements including variance explanations and ensure timely reporting;
- Oversee and support various business areas with external audit process including audited financial statements and ensure that financial activities are appropriately consolidated into the financial records of Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation;
- Provide support in new financial system implementation project, including data mapping and data reconciliation;
- Become a subject matter expert on financial consolidations;
- Provide expert support in the expense allocation process;
- Support the development of annual tax filings and other compliance reporting;
- Be the subject matter expert for assigned functional areas;
- Work on special projects as assigned.
2) Board and Committee meetings
- Develop financial presentations for Board of Trustees and committee meetings as assigned;
- Track and report on key initiatives by working with staff in assigned regions or areas;
- Assist or develop appropriate dashboard metrics, key analytics/performance measurements and PowerPoint presentations for various audiences;
- Maintain current knowledge of Code of Policy and Rotary bylaws and other operating documents, Board and Trustee decisions relevant to budget preparations and reporting responsibilities, and overall financial reporting policies and procedures.
- Review financial implications of items for the Board, Trustees or Committees to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with organizational policies and procedures. Develop business case analysis and financial impacts as required.
- Other projects as assigned.
3) Budget Process
- Assist and coordinate training for the budget process with the Manager of Corporate Finance and Planning, for department managers and budget preparers and provide information and tools for non- finance staff;
- Work with business managers in the development of their budgets and forecasts and provide insightful analytics to support financial decision making and financial impact statements;
- Report on variances against budget; provide forecasts for business areas and recommend actions;
- Contribute to the development of budget materials including draft budgets, budget book, and PowerPoint presentations to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Assist the Director of Finance, Managers of CFP, and CFO during presentation of the budget to the Board and Trustee and senior management.
4) Continual Business Improvements
- Document, maintain, and train staff on relevant policies and procedures;
- Recommend, evaluate and develop enhancements or modifications to procedures and processes to increase department efficiency;
- Develop and review the application of policies and procedures related to your assigned area.
Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options